Double Word Prediction and Improved Emojis Added To Swiftkey 6.0

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Swiftkey has become one of my favorite aftermarket keyboards over the past few years. One of the main reasons i love it is because it is always improving. Swiftkey continues to push the boundaries with their latest update. Swiftkey 6.0 Beta adds double word prediction. Double word prediction will attempt to guess the next two words in your sentence based on past use of the keyboard and what it has learned is your normal sentence structure. There is also a new and improved emoji panel. Grab the beta at the Play link below.

via Play Store

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They're going too far imo. I just switched back to Google Keyboard from the Swiftkey Neural Alpha.

I couldn't care less about a keyboard trying to predict my next word or two. I don't use prediction. What I would love would be for them to revert to an earlier version of Flow that got more of my current word choice correct more often.

I don't think it's gotten any better in the last few years. In fact, I'd respectfully argue that it's not as good as it used to be. Google seems to understand what I'm going for when using gesture typing WAY more often than Swiftkey. And I used Swiftkey for years before converting to a Google Keyboard user.

Valvoline

Reaction score
i've been using google keyboard and just recently (few months) started using swype again after an extended hiatus. I feel neither really captures how i type very well. In the past in enjoyed swype because i felt it was learning. getting better at auto correcting and sentence structure. nowadays i spend as much time correcting my sentences as i would single pressing each letter. The same reason i stopped using swype in the past, but it stopped 'getting me'. I will never use the word 'floor' instead of 'for', or 'three' instead of 'the' (I Am however used to auto capitalization. Hence the lack if this in this text).
I'll go back and give SK a try again. Didnt like them too much before, hoping for improvement,

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I don't know what y'all doing.lol

Swiftkey is spot on with my flow and predictions.. I'm using beta now with flow this message and perfectly predicted...

S6E+ tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I usually use Google KB and have been messing with SK Neurel for a few weeks now. It's working fine for me and may keep it till something better comes around...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like swiftkey, however their predictive algorithm feels like a blind man shooting a shotgun. it rarely gets my next word correct. Hell more often than not it gives me the wrong word and I have to delete and try again.
Ditto. It seems fine for the first few days then goes blind and stupid for me every time I try it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ditto. It seems fine for the first few days then goes blind and stupid for me every time I try it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Same here. It'll work great for a few days, then seems way off when guessing my "flow". The Google keyboard has been working great for me and rarely do I have to correct a word it has guessed wrong.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk