Don't want 4.4

rumblee1

Reaction score
Is there a way to not accept a system update? After hearing the horror stories about sd cards not working correctly, I'd rather stay at 4.3. My note is very fast and works flawlessly except it no longer will mirror to my Samsung dongle since the 4.3 update. I don't want to loose any info on my card.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Have you installed a custom recovery and custom rom? If you have, there's little likelihood of the 4.4 installer working on your phone. Still, you should try like hell to prevent it even attempting to install. I know there's a specific "updater" app that appears on your phone but I can't recall what it's called. If you freeze that app with Titanium Backup there's now way your phone will even receive the update, let alone install it.

Tonik

Reaction score
You will need root to freeze the updater. The program you want to freeze is called SDN 1.0

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there a way to not accept a system update? After hearing the horror stories about sd cards not working correctly, I'd rather stay at 4.3. My note is very fast and works flawlessly except it no longer will mirror to my Samsung dongle since the 4.3 update. I don't want to loose any info on my card.

About time you get it I believe they will have a lot of issues fixed. The current 4.4 build (4.4.2), though stable, has some serious battery (parasite) drain issues that I first noticed when I was running 4.4 on my n2. Now I have a nexus and ran into it this past week (firs time since having the phone for a little over a month) I see how big an issue and annoying it is. It took me a few days to find the issue because it showed up on my battery steps as android system but I could not pin point what system app was the issue. After using the root version of greenify I was able to isolate it to the quem (qualcomm) bug and hibernate it. They are supposedly suppose to have a fix in 4.4.3.