Don't know Much about HTC Incredible...

d4vid

Reaction score
Well guys finally ditched my BB and just ordered HTC Incredible :icon_ banana:
Coming from BB and never used Droid OS before I would like to ask you guys whats the first and most useful app I should download? Or any tips or helps will be appreciated! Thanks and I can't wait till tomorrow!
BTW just purchased Steinheil Screen Protector and is it hard to install?

Last edited by a moderator:

moonnite

Reaction score
check out appbrain.com and sync it with gmail account so you can pick out your apps while you wait, i'm sure everyone is gonna suggest advanced task killer for must app, but i realy love appbrain and the sync with the website

EDIT: btw, order mine on 10th at noon and still havent got it, thou read post someone order on 10th and got it 14th :-/

at anyrate you will have few days to review apps :p

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well guys finally ditched my BB and just ordered HTC Incredible :icon_ banana:
Coming from BB and never used Droid OS before I would like to ask you guys whats the first and most useful app I should download? Or any tips or helps will be appreciated! Thanks and I can't wait till tomorrow!
BTW just purchased Steinheil Screen Protector and is it hard to install?

Welcome to the neighborhood, d4vid! Glad to have you with us! You'll find this forum to be full of very friendly, helpful folks. Here's the place to get some answers about all thing Incredible: Droid Incredible Forum - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum Hope you enjoy your time here!
:welcome:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I'll second AppBrain. Also grab yourself a copy of Astro File Manager.

Beyond that it will come down to what you want and need.

Gump47371

Reaction score
check out appbrain.com and sync it with gmail account so you can pick out your apps while you wait, i'm sure everyone is gonna suggest advanced task killer for must app, but i realy love appbrain and the sync with the website

EDIT: btw, order mine on 10th at noon and still havent got it, thou read post someone order on 10th and got it 14th :-/

I am in the same boat, more or less, of the OP. I had a BB Storm, switched to a Droid for about a month, lost it, and now am back on my Storm. Ordering the Incredible tomorrow, but will have to wait 1-2 weeks (hopefully less).

Thanks for the suggestion about AppBrain, never heard of it. Do I click Install if I don't have my phone yet, or just add it to a list?

oakindustries

Reaction score
For some reason the incredible is very picky about file structure. If you don't put your pics, vids, sounds, and stuff in the right folders they won't show up in the lists when you try to set them. Make the following folders so you don't have to use apps to make your phone use certain sounds etc...

On the sd card

media
audio > music > ringtones > notifications > alarms
pictures
video

Use astro filemanager to do the folders and once that is set up put your files in the appropriate folders, reboot your phone, your stuff should show up in the right places now when you try to set ringtones, notifications, etc.

Gump47371

Reaction score
Will try to offer some insight with my limited experience, OP. Advanced Task Killer worked very well, as suggested above. I tried K9 mail app, but liked the stock app better. You will love the notification bar. It isn't like a BB, in that it just tells you what you have, but you can drag it down and go right to it, instead of needing to go to your message icon, txt icon, FB icon, etc.

Some things I have heard about, but have never used, are Friend Stream, which sounds very similar to SocialScope, which I love. Also, Leap, which gives you thumbnails of all your homescreens (I know, sounds weird, coming from a BB, but you will love multiple homescreens) and 7 (I think?) homescreens, as opposed to only 3 that I had on Droid 2.0

Hopefully most is the same, I did have a Droid before, and you are asking about an Incredible, so I hope they are similar.

OP
D

d4vid

Reaction score

Thanks yea! from what Ive been reading so far advanced task killer is a must..
I guess I got lucky with my dorid? My friend owns a cell phone store and managed to get a hold of one. But it's coming from Las Vegas to Cali so I have to wait a day :(

I'll second AppBrain. Also grab yourself a copy of Astro File Manager.

Beyond that it will come down to what you want and need.

Thanks! I will check out appbrain while I wait for my incredible to arrive :)

For some reason the incredible is very picky about file structure. If you don't put your pics, vids, sounds, and stuff in the right folders they won't show up in the lists when you try to set them. Make the following folders so you don't have to use apps to make your phone use certain sounds etc...

On the sd card

media
audio > music > ringtones > notifications > alarms
pictures
video

Use astro filemanager to do the folders and once that is set up put your files in the appropriate folders, reboot your phone, your stuff should show up in the right places now when you try to set ringtones, notifications, etc.

Thank you sir! i'll keep this in mind

Will try to offer some insight with my limited experience, OP. Advanced Task Killer worked very well, as suggested above. I tried K9 mail app, but liked the stock app better. You will love the notification bar. It isn't like a BB, in that it just tells you what you have, but you can drag it down and go right to it, instead of needing to go to your message icon, txt icon, FB icon, etc.

Some things I have heard about, but have never used, are Friend Stream, which sounds very similar to SocialScope, which I love. Also, Leap, which gives you thumbnails of all your homescreens (I know, sounds weird, coming from a BB, but you will love multiple homescreens) and 7 (I think?) homescreens, as opposed to only 3 that I had on Droid 2.0

Hopefully most is the same, I did have a Droid before, and you are asking about an Incredible, so I hope they are similar.

will check it out tomorrow! i can't wait!

OP
D

d4vid

Reaction score
Is there a messenger service that comes with incredible? like black berry comes with BB Messenger which was very useful!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is there a messenger service that comes with incredible? like black berry comes with BB Messenger which was very useful!

Google Talk which is like AIM.

There is nothing like BB Messenger for Android.

moonnite

Reaction score
I am in the same boat, more or less, of the OP. I had a BB Storm, switched to a Droid for about a month, lost it, and now am back on my Storm. Ordering the Incredible tomorrow, but will have to wait 1-2 weeks (hopefully less).

Thanks for the suggestion about AppBrain, never heard of it. Do I click Install if I don't have my phone yet, or just add it to a list?

yes click install on the web site if your logged in to the page, clicking install will make a list of apps to sync so when you get the phone you can install the appbrain app on the phone and and it will give you direct link to your list of apps to sync, i was at 92 apps waiting for my phone as of last night, i think i added few already, lol

Gump47371

Reaction score
yes click install on the web site if your logged in to the page, clicking install will make a list of apps to sync so when you get the phone you can install the appbrain app on the phone and and it will give you direct link to your list of apps to sync, i was at 92 apps waiting for my phone as of last night, i think i added few already, lol

Thanks, checking them out now. Any more suggestions are welcome, as I have been off Droid for about 2 months, so I am sure there are things out now that weren't then.

Robo-dRoid

Reaction score
Welcome bro I too switched from bb to Android and still to the day wish I wouldve done it sooner