dolphin browser

boos1906

Reaction score
I downloaded this last night. Hows is suppose to be different from the regular browser?

issues636

Reaction score
dolphin or dolphin hd?

tabs, pinch to zoom, a little more responsive than stock browser, and i personally think it overall just looks better and cleaner.

issues636

Reaction score
dolphin hd is free as well. there's dolphin, dolphin hd, and then there's a dolphin hd license you can purchase which gets rid of ad's, etc. i'm not sure if dolphin is still on the market or not, but if it is and that is the one you have, i would definitely consider switching over to dolphin hd before going back to stock. it's still free and i personally think it's alot better than stock for the reasons i stated above.

jackals

Reaction score
dolphin hd is free as well. there's dolphin, dolphin hd, and then there's a dolphin hd license you can purchase which gets rid of ad's, etc. i'm not sure if dolphin is still on the market or not, but if it is and that is the one you have, i would definitely consider switching over to dolphin hd before going back to stock. it's still free and i personally think it's alot better than stock for the reasons i stated above.
it makes my facebook weird. I can no longer send a msg to people when on their page vs the stock browser.. and also when i click a picture, i cant leave a comment or see comments.. its just the picture..

I use facebook a lot so this is annoying and I am currently looking for a different browser.. cause stock sucks, the latest feed works better with dolphin, but it doesn't outweigh the problems...

anyone else have these problems? I've got free dolphin HD

issues636

Reaction score
Ive never had that problem and Im a frequent facebooker as well. Do you use the touch/mobile website, or do you use the real facebook website when on your phone? I use the touch site daily, and the mobile site weekly and like I said Ive never run into that problem. But I accidently loaded the full site once and did run into a few problems.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jackals

Reaction score
Ive never had that problem and Im a frequent facebooker as well. Do you use the touch/mobile website, or do you use the real facebook website when on your phone? I use the touch site daily, and the mobile site weekly and like I said Ive never run into that problem. But I accidently loaded the full site once and did run into a few problems.

Well what should I do.. I go to facebook.com when I am using it.. and both dolphin and xscope look the same on facebook.com - the homepage/latest feed is incredible over stock browser.. but on a persons page I can not message or poke them and when I click a picture, it just loads all their pictures in a little box and then i click the 1 I saw (most likely the most recent 1 they put up) and its just the pic with black around it.. can't see any comments or who liked it, etc.

ugh :(

jackals

Reaction score
ahh that's what it is... the default browser uses facebook mobile.. cause i just went to m.facebook on my xscope and it looks identical to the default browser.

touch.facebook is nice (when I go to facebook.com it takes me to touch.facebook) t

However, the homepage and newsfeed/latest feed on touch.facebook.com is 10000% nicer than facebook mobile.. you can see everyones pictures on minifeed, and it starts right at the top you dont have to see people's birthdays or events.

ANyway I can have the homepage of touch but also see comments under pics and send a msg/poke on the persons page? Only on facebook mobile can I see peoples comments under pics and send msgs/pokes on a persons page

Last edited:

issues636

Reaction score
Try going on through "touch.facebook.com" instead of regular "facebook.com". It looks ALOT better and functions alot better. You can also try "m.facebook.com" which is the regular facebook mobile site but the touch site looks better on like a droid/iphone/etc.

issues636

Reaction score
ahh that's what it is... the default browser uses facebook mobile.. cause i just went to m.facebook on my xscope and it looks identical to the default browser.

touch.facebook is nice (when I go to facebook.com it takes me to touch.facebook) t

However, the homepage and newsfeed/latest feed on touch.facebook.com is 10000% nicer than facebook mobile.. you can see everyones pictures on minifeed, and it starts right at the top you dont have to see people's birthdays or events.

ANyway I can have the homepage of touch but also see comments under pics and send a msg/poke on the persons page? Only on facebook mobile can I see peoples comments under pics and send msgs/pokes on a persons page

thats the one downside to the touch site. there are no comments on pictures. i dont think theyve implemented it yet. you just see the picture and thats it. thats why ill usually use the touch site and if i need to comment a picture i switch over to the mobile site. the touch site basically looks exactly like facebook does on a computer but just a little less complicated, thats why i like it.

jackals

Reaction score

thats the one downside to the touch site. there are no comments on pictures. i dont think theyve implemented it yet. you just see the picture and thats it. thats why ill usually use the touch site and if i need to comment a picture i switch over to the mobile site. the touch site basically looks exactly like facebook does on a computer but just a little less complicated, thats why i like it.

using touch site - on your phone can you message or poke someone on their page?

and well once touch site implements the commenting picture (and what I just wrote above) if you can't as well - we will be good to go :)

Edit: I am guessing you can't to my question above cause I can't.. whats nice is at the bottom of the page you can toggle between touch and mobile with a push of the screen.. i now know all this info so its manageable till they implement the couple features into the touch site. I will toggle to mobile when I want to send msg or comment a pic, and then toggle back when I am done.

Thanks for pointing out the 2 sites. I didn't even realize.

Last edited:

jackals

Reaction score
anyone with xscope know how to get the notification bar.. when i am in browser its full page.. is this an option?