Does the Droid X have the same headphone jack problems that the Droid 1 has?

audioman42

Reaction score
I'm thinking about selling my Droid & buying a Droid X, but I remember seeing internal pics of the Droid X a while back & the headphone jack design seemed very similar to the original Droid's. Have any of you Droid X users been experiencing crackling, random music starts, etc. due to a poorly designed headphone jack?

Thanks

OP
audioman42

audioman42

Reaction score
By the way, please don't fill this thread with replies telling me that I should wait until better phones are released. I will be saving my Verizon update by buying the Droid X either from Craigslist or from here if anyone has one for sale (PM me).

Thanks

cpjr

Reaction score
Never had an issue with mine. Had it since release.

nfj79

Reaction score
I had problems with the headphone jack on my old DX. Got my DX replaced a few months ago and so far so good.

OP
audioman42

audioman42

Reaction score
2 replies, 1 failure.. that's not too reassuring. The headphone jack is the only thing about the X that concerns me. If something happens, fixing it won't be as easy as it is with the original Droid.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Mine's all good! There is a setting to start music when you plug the headphone cord in.

cpjr

Reaction score
2 replies, 1 failure.. that's not too reassuring. The headphone jack is the only thing about the X that concerns me. If something happens, fixing it won't be as easy as it is with the original Droid.

2 random replies out of how many thousands sold doesn't mean anything. You have a chance of having issues with any device you buy, there is a year warranty for that.