Does OTA Gingerbread brick rooted TBolts????

snmemx

Reaction score
All,

Ok, now I'm in a panic. I'd rooted my TBolt but nothing else (no custom ROMs, etc). I just noticed the OTA Gingerbread update was ready to download and I started the process. It downloaded the file, rebooted to start the install, now I'm looking at a white triangle with an explanation point in the middle and a blue android guy. Nothing appears to be happening. If anyone has any idea of what this means, I'd REALLY APPRECIATE a reply.

Thanks!

alboboy10

Reaction score
I don't think you're supposed to update when rooted. I haven't updated for that reason. I'm rooted also.

OP
S

snmemx

Reaction score
Thanks - I'd read somewhere that the OTA would work on rooted but it would unroot them. It would appear that isn't the case. It's been 20min and the screen is just sitting there displaying the annoying triangle/yellow explanation point and blue android guy.

thirsty1258

Reaction score
Can you u get back into recovery and flash from your memory.

sent from my thunderbolt

OP
S

snmemx

Reaction score
Can you u get back into recovery and flash from your memory.

sent from my thunderbolt

I was able to get back into recovery and got lucky it would appear...I wiped the cash as suggested in the sticky'd thread at the top...rebooting a 2nd time now just to make sure it comes back up. What's involved in flashing it from my memory?