Does NE2 reset the contract starting date?

yiannis

Reaction score
Bought D1 in Nov '09. Buying Bionic in Sep '11. When will the contract expire,11/13 or 09/13?

A second question. Is the $1.99 warranty policy something VZW offers only on phones purchased at VZW stores or is it available on stores like BB or Costco?

And a third even sillier question. Upgrading with NE2 doesn't require that we hand over our previous phone, does it?

Thanks

Last edited:

Zregnier

Reaction score
Not sure about the first question (wondered that myself), but you definitely do NOT have to give them your old phone.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Your contract will expire 2 years from when you sign it (assuming that it's a 2 year contract). So your new one should expire 9/13. You always get to keep your old phone. I always keep my most recent one for an emergency back up phone.

cloud12077

Reaction score
Your contract will expire 2 years from when you sign it (assuming that it's a 2 year contract). So your new one should expire 9/13. You always get to keep your old phone. I always keep my most recent one for an emergency back up phone.

1. jkaod is correct. The contract starts it's 2 years from the day you sign.

2. Any location should be able to sell you some type of insurance, whether it be through Verizon directly or not. If you are signing a 2 year contract they better be able to provide you the option of insurance.

3. As fas as keeping your old phone, SOME stores will make you return the old phone (I know of one in my area, everyone complains about them), but MOST understand you purchased the equipment and that it is your property.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
1. jkaod is correct. The contract starts it's 2 years from the day you sign.

2. Any location should be able to sell you some type of insurance, whether it be through Verizon directly or not. If you are signing a 2 year contract they better be able to provide you the option of insurance.

3. As fas as keeping your old phone, SOME stores will make you return the old phone (I know of one in my area, everyone complains about them), but MOST understand you purchased the equipment and that it is your property.

I don't see how they could require you to return it unless it was in the original contract and I don't see any specific store using a contract different than the rest of Verizon.

-iD

Reaction score
A second question. Is the $1.99 warranty policy something VZW offers only on phones purchased at VZW stores or is it available on stores like BB or Costco?

You may want to double check that. I believe that 1.99 is the cost for insurance on a feature phone. That's what I paid when I had a razor as a company phone. IIRC it's more like 4.99 or 5.99 for a smartphone.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

spider210

Reaction score
You may want to double check that. I believe that 1.99 is the cost for insurance on a feature phone. That's what I paid when I had a razor as a company phone. IIRC it's more like 4.99 or 5.99 for a smartphone.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

extended warranty $1.99
wpp (insurance only) is I believe is $5.18
TEC (total equip coverage extended warranty +insurance) is $6.99

device does not matter

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Insurance > root
Das one hella Bamf ta knock the 3 sense in ya!