Does car dock allow video recording?

Neufusion

Reaction score
I want to record video through the windshield of my car while driving and I'm wondering if the motorola car mount or any car mount doesn't cover the camera lens allowing for video to be recorded?

GameBoiye

Reaction score
I can't help you there, but can tell you that it most likely does, as most manufactures do that to help protect the lense from direct sunlight. I had to manually drill the hole in my Motorola Droid mount.

FYI, I recommend the app "Dailyroads" if you're planning on using your phone as a dash cam.

barrio12002

Reaction score
Yes you can. Up to 30 min. The mount doesn't cover the lens it takes a really hi quality video

50calal

Reaction score
Yes you can. Up to 30 min. The mount doesn't cover the lens it takes a really hi quality video

What barrio said. The motoral car dock doesn't block your camera. Tried it out several times.

You just have to make sure you are not puttin the mount at an angle otherwise you'll get part of he mount in your recordings.

Power

Reaction score
Yup, the Moto one works great. It doesn't really cover any part of the phone, just cradles the bottom (left) edge of the phone and has a 2" clamp that drops down on the top (right) to hold it in. I really like it, although some complain about it.

Cunorix

Reaction score
You bet it does, I've taken quite a few videos with my droid X in the Car Dock and even when it vibrates the phone still keeps a clear quality video.

I'm not sure on which forum, might be this one, but there was a thread with people testing out their Droid X, and their Car Docks off-roading.

- Cun