Does anyone use Droid overclock to save battery?

searayman

Reaction score
I want to know if droid overclock and actually slow down the speeds since the droidx is locked. Can it access the cpu speeds and underclock it to 300 when the screen is off?

Dullawolf

Reaction score
It does work. I set up 5 different profiles and i noticied my battery started lasting alot longer. after i set up the profiles i was able to use my phone all day. I mean all day!! I probalby only set it down for like 5 minutes and the battery lasted over 12 hours.

lotus22

Reaction score
It does work. I set up 5 different profiles and i noticied my battery started lasting alot longer. after i set up the profiles i was able to use my phone all day. I mean all day!! I probalby only set it down for like 5 minutes and the battery lasted over 12 hours.

I use ULV 1250 Max OnDemand and get a day of life out of my DX.

thepsyntyst

Reaction score
Does anyone's set frequencies at boot work?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score

Every time I try and overclock my droidx it get super slow to the point where you cna not use it. Mine just wont be over clocked....any ideas why?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dl the app quickclock advanced. It will calibrate your cpu and find your max and min values. Sometimes when you overclock too high for your phone (each phone is different), it will lag or "turtle". This means you are overclocked too high. Try toning it down a bit. I actually underclock and have lost no speed, but save battery. Also, try changing the governer to interactive

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-DroidForums addict

Last edited:

Dullawolf

Reaction score

Every time I try and overclock my droidx it get super slow to the point where you cna not use it. Mine just wont be over clocked....any ideas why?

You are over clocking it too high. And to the other Guy. When I set my frequencies at boot it works for me. No problem

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums