Dock Sale! MIKRADLE Exclusive Droidforums Member Sale!

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
....rapidly approaching 1,000 members! I'm definitely going to do something special for that particular sale! Any ideas?

Make #1,000 out of carbon fiber.

-Mike
Yep! There ya go! My docks take me about 2 hours each. Let's add another 3 hours wrapping it with CF, and best yet - offer it for less than $15.00 each! :)

You have me ROTF! :rofl3: Thanks for the Monday Pick-Me-Up! :)

I'd be happy to invite Chris over so that I can also begin training him! I could use some of his determined dedication! :)mikey

dishnu

Reaction score
You talked me in to one even thou i do not have a Droid yet ... it should still work on my Dare thou

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
You talked me in to one even thou i do not have a Droid yet ... it should still work on my Dare thou

Thanks for the order! I've sent you email verification. Did you know you are the 9th Mike to order a MIKRADLE on this weekends special? Wow! And of course, my name is also Mike! Gotta love the name! :)

And I'm not sure if you want to mention your home town on these forums (so I won't), but your city is becoming very populated with MIKRADLES, several members here have discussed this fact on another thread! :) mikey

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
Carbon Fiber MIKRADLE!

You have me ROTF! :rofl3: Thanks for the Monday Pick-Me-Up! :)

I'll give you $150 for it. Seriously. $75 up front, $75 when it ships.

-Mike

Mike - I may take you up on that offer! I've been wanting to build a CF MIKRADLE for quite some time now, but held off pending the release of the Carbon Cases. I felt it would compliment those well! I did purchase some of the CF Vinyl discussed elsewhere, but decided it was not viable since it’s just an imitation, and as such would not be able to command a selling price high enough to justify the expense of the labor involved to manufacture this particular model.

My thoughts are to make a Carbon Fiber MIKRADLE as kind of a forum project, with pictures and videos of the progress from start to finish. I wanted to get input and observations from members with each posting I place - sort of like the Carbon Case thread. Obviously this would not be a money maker (at least not making one at a time), no more than making a MIKRADLE one at a time (it averages about two hours to make one MIKRADLE). I've invested a lot of time into jigs, templates and proprietary carbide cutters on my machinery to facilitate kind of an "assembly line" manufacture of these, meanwhile still retaining that "handmade" touch to the procedure. And the finish I apply is definitely the bottleneck on time - at least 20 minutes to a half hour hand rubbing each MIKRADLE between coats of catalyzed lacquer (7-9 coats are applied). My employees (with me for more than two decades) are very good at this, and of course I spend a lot of time myself on all the custom models I build (3-5 per day).

CF would be an exciting venture for me - I've been itching to do this! The Carbon Case thread has held me back given the issues they have encountered. I respect both Chris and Mark a lot, but for myself - I would never have initiated purchases (deposits) before making at least 1-2 prototypes prior to getting into production. In retrospect, their experience has probably led them to this conclusion also. But you have to give them a lot of credit for the way they have weathered all the comments and sarcasm they've encountered! Through it all they persevered and ultimately I'm sure they will succeed. Perhaps lose a lot of hair in the process though! As a custom manufacturer myself, I'm pulling for them, that's for sure!

Meanwhile - I am working on a Corian MIKRADLE DuPont Surfaces Products: Distinctive. Advanced. Beautiful., I'll be posting pix on this within a week. I think you will like this one also! Not sure of the feasibility of marketing it - the expense (like CF) may price it too high to be economically salable. :)

But yes - I say we move ahead on the first Carbon Fiber MIKRADLE! :) mikey

Last edited:

dishnu

Reaction score

Thanks for the order! I've sent you email verification. Did you know you are the 9th Mike to order a MIKRADLE on this weekends special? Wow! And of course, my name is also Mike! Gotta love the name! :)

And I'm not sure if you want to mention your home town on these forums (so I won't), but your city is becoming very populated with MIKRADLES, several members here have discussed this fact on another thread! :) mikey

I have no Problem mentioning that i am From Seattle. :icon_ banana:

MJ5150

Reaction score
But yes - I say we move ahead on the first Carbon Fiber MIKRADLE!

I'll throw down the first $75 if you are serious and promise to send me one when it's done after I pay the other $75.

I don't know anything about CF, so I can not offer any assistance or guidance in the build process. I just want one. :D

-Mike

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
But yes - I say we move ahead on the first Carbon Fiber MIKRADLE!

I'll throw down the first $75 if you are serious and promise to send me one when it's done after I pay the other $75.

I don't know anything about CF, so I can not offer any assistance or guidance in the build process. I just want one. :D

-Mike
Mike - I'm not sure where we talked about this elsewhere (another thread), but I'm going to fool around with a CF MIKRADLE (a total different style than my Classic Series), but would not even think about deposits or orders until I was sure it would work out. I've done tons of fiberglass work, but never CF - and the last thing I'd want is to have this get out of hand like it did for Chris and Mark. They will eventually get through it, ironing out all the bugs, but my way of working is to produce a prototype first, ensuring I can put into production a model before I would even contemplate putting it up for sale. Though I do appreciate the offer of the $$$! :)

I've got about 2-3 weeks of personal family matter to take care of (my Dad has been critically ill) and then I'm going to start a CF model. As I stated in the other thread (perhaps you could tell me where you first brought this up?) I am going to make a "forum project" out of it, posting progress and pix and uTube videos. I figured if I went bust with it, the whole forum can go down with me as I'd be acting on their prompts and advice! :icon_ banana: And if it works out well - you can be the first on the list (Yikes! I don't even like to say that word)! :) mikey

Last edited:

MJ5150

Reaction score
As I stated in the other thread (perhaps you could tell me where you first brought this up?) I am going to make a "forum project" out of it, posting progress and pix and uTube videos. I figured if I went bust with it, the whole forum can go down with me as I'd be acting on their prompts and advice! :icon_ banana: And if it works out well - you can be the first on the list (Yikes! I don't even like to say that word)! :) mikey

This is the thread right here. When you asked for an idea on MIKRADLE #1,000, I suggested a CF one.

Yes, please make me first on the list. I am familiar with product development and understand startup costs, which is why I offered the payment of $150. I know it isn't much in the big picture, but I had two reasons for the suggested financial contribution...

#1...to help get the project off the ground, and #2...so I could be first. :D :D

-Mike

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
As I stated in the other thread (perhaps you could tell me where you first brought this up?) I am going to make a "forum project" out of it, posting progress and pix and uTube videos. I figured if I went bust with it, the whole forum can go down with me as I'd be acting on their prompts and advice! :icon_ banana: And if it works out well - you can be the first on the list (Yikes! I don't even like to say that word)! :) mikey

This is the thread right here. When you asked for an idea on MIKRADLE #1,000, I suggested a CF one.

Yes, please make me first on the list. I am familiar with product development and understand startup costs, which is why I offered the payment of $150. I know it isn't much in the big picture, but I had two reasons for the suggested financial contribution...

#1...to help get the project off the ground, and #2...so I could be first. :D :D

-Mike

I must be losing it. ;) I could have sworn I posted a paragraph similar to my last post here - in response to you. But in another thread. Geez. Am I getting senile? ;) EDIT: Ah! Thanks Mike for telling me where (back earlier in this thread)! Thanks for letting me know I'm not going bonkers! :)

It's obvious that you are on familiar ground with PD, etc - I gleamed that from posts you placed in the CF thread! :) And yes - start up money is crucial to any project - big or small, but I can handle this one alone. So your point #1, though appreciated, is not necessary. As to #2 - well - that's a given! :)

I've already ordered the materials, but like I said - the timing has to wait just a bit. As many of my customers already know, my Dad has been suffering some grave setbacks in the last few months. He will be 89 in another month, and his health has gone downhill a lot in the last year or so. The worse part is falling down, he's actually spent more time in rehab recovering from injuries from the falls than he has spent at home. But he was working himself too hard in rehab about ten days ago, and suffered congestive heart failure, putting him back in the hospital again. He was out of ICU in three days, but is still very weak and shaky. He's had a double by-pass, and though optimistic, walking unassisted in the future is not looking positive. So you can see I have a few matters to take care of at his home, but am looking forward to this CF project within maybe 2 weeks or so.

Meanwhile - I'm already gathering a ton of research - as Mark stated in one of his early posts, CF is a whole different animal from fiberglass, which is my experience. Though seemingly very similar, CF brings a few wrinkles to the process. But I'm not adverse to a challenge, and will be pressuring a couple friends that do CF work to "get me through" this. In my book (to coin a phrase from a movie which I don't recall the title) "failure is not an option"! :) I'm excited to say the least! And I won't have the problems Carbon Case is having as I won't have all the tiny radius's and cutouts they have to contend with. Compared to their cover, this should be a cakewalk. Yea - right! :icon_ banana:

Okay - later, but you know I'll be back with a lot more info on this in the near future. I'll be starting a new thread for it when ready to proceed. :) mikey

Last edited:

MJ5150

Reaction score
I've already ordered the materials, but like I said - the timing has to wait just a bit.

Go take care of your pop bro. This is no big deal. Although I will daily send you PM's and e-mails asking for progress pics. Just kidding. :D :D

-Mike

OP
C

cuskit

Reaction score
I've already ordered the materials, but like I said - the timing has to wait just a bit.

Go take care of your pop bro. This is no big deal. Although I will daily send you PM's and e-mails asking for progress pics. Just kidding. :D :D

-Mike
That's okay - the prompting will keep me on my toes! :)

Meanwhile - thanks to all those members that have been taking advantage of the "forum discount" I issue to registered members. I'm surprised at the numbers coming in - each week I feel I've probably sold to the bulk of those wanting docks, and then the next weekend comes along and whammo! My email is filled with more orders! But that's okay - I'm certainly not complaining! :) I'm just so happy that so many appreciate my handiwork! :) mikey

EDIT:
3 more orders from buyers with the name "mike"! Man - what a popular name! I'm going to check my database and see which name has bought the most MIKRADLES! Perhaps that should be the next contest - whoever can guess the most popular "first name buyer" will win a MIKRADLE! You think so? :)

Last edited: