Do I still need to install Flash 10.1 after 2.2 upgrade?

jismail

Reaction score
Is the flash that is in the 2.2 upgrade all inclusive of 10.1 or do I still need to install the 10.1 apk to get the full Adobe flash functionality?

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Check the market for flash. Is it installed? If not install it.

Sent by nailing my note to a messanger, punching him thru a window on a 40 story building where on the street level another messanger would take the note from the first messanger and deliver it

OP
J

jismail

Reaction score
I didnt see it on the market anymore.....

OP
J

jismail

Reaction score
Thanks for the link but my question is more along the line of do I still need to use this apk or does the default Flash components embedded in 2.2 have all the same functionality or is there parts in the apk that would be addtional features not found in the 2.2 embedded flash that warrent me installing the apk?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Thanks for the link but my question is more along the line of do I still need to use this apk or does the default Flash components embedded in 2.2 have all the same functionality or is there parts in the apk that would be addtional features not found in the 2.2 embedded flash that warrent me installing the apk?

There are no Flash components embedded in 2.2. Flash is from Adobe, 2.2 is from Google.

You still need to install the app. Flash, on every Android phone that supports it, is an app. Some phones come with it pre-installed, some phones need to download it from the Market.

gateway

Reaction score
Let me ask the question this way, after the 2.2 update i have flash, it says so in my system apps, but not in the market. When i go to market and search for Flash 10.1 it says "free" it does not say it is "installed", but I can watch and do have flash in my browser.
So should I installed it or not from the market, thanks

tonydelite

Reaction score
Let me ask the question this way, after the 2.2 update i have flash, it says so in my system apps, but not in the market. When i go to market and search for Flash 10.1 it says "free" it does not say it is "installed", but I can watch and do have flash in my browser.

If you can see it in the market, you should install it. It is probably a newer version of Flash than what came with the Droid X 2.2 Update.

smrivera80

Reaction score

If you can see it in the market, you should install it. It is probably a newer version of Flash than what came with the Droid X 2.2 Update.

This is correct, gateway. There is an updated version of Flash in the Market that is not bundled with 2.2, so yes you should download the app in the Market.