Do i need an upgrade with my setup?

Import roller

Reaction score
Currently I'm running a Bionic with Liberty 3.0 but it's still running on 5.5.886 system. I saw that there is a 902 and even a 905 OTA on the forum. My phone hasn't asked for any update, so i don't know if i need to worry about this or not. I've been noticing lately my phone has problems with wifi and the 4/3G service from time to time. Anyone know if i need to update things to make things work properly again? If there is a DIY, please link me to me. I looked around a bit, but didn't find anything like what I'm asking

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
You don't need to update but it is an option. The reason you haven't been asked to do it is because you are on a ROM. ROMs usually have a built in feature that block the OTA because updating while on it will screw things up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
I

Import roller

Reaction score
I had to update my gf's Charge tonight, and thought maybe i have the same issue. Her's kept getting the OTA reminder even though I rooted her phone, and installed Tweaked. I have never gotten an OTA, but after checking, i noticed I'm on a very old build, so i'm wondering if i need to update my phone at all with either the OTA and put the ROM back on, or can i install the 902 update i saw on the forum, and it will not be a problem with the Liberty 3.0

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
To install the ota you will have to go back to stock and then update. You won't be able to do it over top of liberty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2