Do droid people keep their ipods/ zunes?

vmann32

Reaction score
I've been using phones as MP3 players since it was possible to do so (probably 6 or 7 years now). Never wanted to carry a second device just to listen to music so I have never owned an MP3 player.

Seriously, if you have such a huge MP3 collection, how much of it do you really listen to? I converted my whole CD collection to MP3 when the format came out and then went back and redid everything into 320 about a year ago (yeah that was a fun project). I weeded out every song that I didn't like except for some classic albums that you just can't do that to.

I have about 4GB of 320kps music on my Droid that I listen to. I'm using the S9 BT headset and it works very well for me.

Hopefully with the 2.2 update how much you carry on your phone won't really matter anymore.
Did you know 320 uses more battery too.I had all my music on my zune @ 320 and the battery won't even last the whole day then went to 192 and it is much better.Also Vlad was my favorite player.=]

dclutter1

Reaction score
Seriously? Ive never heard that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zMd113

Reaction score
Well when I do get my DROID Incredible I will put most of if not all of my music on a memory card that way it'll be my "All In One" device that I want it to be.
But yes I will keep my 2 iPods, one for my car audio system and the other as an extra HDD.
The only thing my DROID can't do is replace my hardcore games. So I will take either my DSi or PSPgo with me as well but just not all the time. I'll also be buying the NINTENDO 3DS within the next year along with the PSP2.

zMd113

Reaction score
  1. All my music is in iTunes on my mac (I used AAC to encode all my CD's which is Apple only AFAIK)
AAC is NOT Apple only. Anything you ripped from CDs using iTunes is fully playable on a Droid. Songs that you purchased from iTunes before they switched to iTunes Plus are protected and won't be playable, but recently purchased iTunes music, purchased music that was upgraded to iTunes plus, and AAC music ripped from CDs using iTunes is 100% playable. MP4 is an industry standard.

Actually I burn music that I bought from iTunes onto a CD then rip the CD back onto iTunes which gets rid of the DRM lock so it's then playable on any device. I've been doing that for years now, it's a long project if you have a bunch of music but it works. Hope that helps some people out.
I have my iTunes music on my PSPgo, PS3 & my Sony VIAO using this method. But I'm glad iTunes got rid of the DRM now I don't have to do this anymore! :heart:

Kmart95

Reaction score
I have an ipod touch 2nd gen 16 gig and my droid. I have kept my ipod touch for three reasons.
1. Im a 14 year old kid so i like all the fun games that are on the apple app store
2. I think the sound quality on the ipod is a lot better than on the droid
3. If i did want to give up my ipod my parents wouldnt let me sell it i would have to give it to my 11 year old sister.

blamejake

Reaction score
dhinged - Try bTunes. It has the player on the Unlock screen. Lets you pause, forward, back. Very nice. No fumbling.

zMd113

Reaction score
Well I'm 21 and I still give most of my old electronics to my 10 year old sister because she enjoys them, but she's not very grateful so I'm not giving her anything else. I would like to sell them or give them to charity but I'm afraid of people much smarter than me that could take my personal info from my machines.

snappingfish

Reaction score
iPod can own a place

Well when I do get my DROID Incredible I will put most of if not all of my music on a memory card that way it'll be my "All In One" device that I want it to be.
But yes I will keep my 2 iPods, one for my car audio system and the other as an extra HDD.
The only thing my DROID can't do is replace my hardcore games. So I will take either my DSi or PSPgo with me as well but just not all the time. I'll also be buying the NINTENDO 3DS within the next year along with the PSP2.

I have 49.6 GIG of music on my iPod Classic, as well as 12-13 music vids, and a few old games. I wouldn't think that trying to move all that to my Droid would serve any useful purpose.

I keep my iPod charged, and lying on my nightstand. I have deluxe earbuds (D-Jays, by Jenns of Sweden) and when it is appropriate, I plug 'em in, and the world turns into my favorite song-chamber, with 6000+ selections, all in top-quality sound, and no outside interferences.

AAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

libby777

Reaction score
I have the 80gig video ipod because sound quality is better than the touch. Have it 90% full most of time and can find music for any mood. I feel there's a time in the future when 80gig sdcards will be available And affordable but we are nor fhere yet. Also feel the devices we have today have their specialties or reasons for still being used. I can honestly see a change though in the ability to listen to any type of music you may not have in your library such as Pandora application on the android does. Many transitions in technology change the way we do things..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, because I have to power the phone on then unlock it to manipulate the music player. Not safe for driving, and annoying everywhere else. I haven't found anything that lets me play/pause/forward/back like the iPhone's stereo earbuds w/mic.

With the iPod nano, I can manipulate the track with my thumb, plus I've got a radio on board. Droid is not my all-in-one device.
I didn't think of that with my earlier reply. With my car's iPod interface I can use the dash controls to control the iPod without ever taking my hands off the steering wheel.

Also feel the devices we have today have their specialties or reasons for still being used.
There's a reason for the old saying "jack of all trades, master of none".

STVA

Reaction score
I sold my iPod Nano 8GB after I got my Droid. I use it through the aux port of my car (and maybe via Bluetooth module for my headunit soon) and with Bluetooth headphones while running.

It was great to be able to uninstall iTunes. 100% Apple free and loving it. :motdroidhoriz:

dhinged

Reaction score
dhinged - Try bTunes. It has the player on the Unlock screen. Lets you pause, forward, back. Very nice. No fumbling.

Actually if I have to power on the phone, touch it, or look at it at all then it's too much fumbling. With the Nano, I can drive or work without even looking it.