Distorted audio through earpiece?

carbine

Reaction score
Well, I've noticed a distorted almost buzzing sound coming from my earpiece at all volume levels while making a call to anyone. Voicemail, land lines, cell phones. Is this an issue everyone else is getting or should I be talking to verizon about getting a new droid? I just got this thing on Saturday. :x

JayMonster

Reaction score
This is the second thread on this, so there are at least 2 of you with this problem. Question, does the distortion go away at a slightly lower volume?

Personally, I would return it, because I have nothing but excellent call sound out of the earpiece speaker.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
your Droid is just doing a brain scan on you... "Please sit still... " :icon_eek:

OP
carbine

carbine

Reaction score
This is the second thread on this, so there are at least 2 of you with this problem. Question, does the distortion go away at a slightly lower volume?

Personally, I would return it, because I have nothing but excellent call sound out of the earpiece speaker.

Thanks much. I'm gonna call Verizon after I get off work today. My friend said his manager's Droid did the same thing. :x

And as for the brain scan... With me it shouldn't take much longer than one call. :p

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks much. I'm gonna call Verizon after I get off work today. My friend said his manager's Droid did the same thing. :x

And as for the brain scan... With me it shouldn't take much longer than one call. :p

LOL. Yea def give Verizon a call... see what's up.

mushk1n

Reaction score
Did you get anywhere with this? I have exactly the same problem and hope I don't have to RMA it back as its gonna be till after christmas when I get it back.

Cheers,

Tabs

Reaction score
I just started getting the exact same issue today. It actually sounds like a physical vibration, like the speaker itself is slightly loose and rattling against the case of the phone.

Who do you have to go through once the 30 days is up for getting a phone RMAed?

angecorrado

Reaction score
I just started getting the exact same issue today. It actually sounds like a physical vibration, like the speaker itself is slightly loose and rattling against the case of the phone.

Who do you have to go through once the 30 days is up for getting a phone RMAed?

Tabs - did you find a resolution to this? I'm having the same problem.