Display Turns off in Dock Mode

tinplater

Reaction score
Is there anyway to keep the display on? Preferences do not have a option for continued display, and what good is a night time clock if it turns off after one hour so you can't see it?

OP
T

tinplater

Reaction score
I mistyped, screen time out max is 30 minutes...can this be made to "never" so display is always on?
Paul

drowe

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen, it was because I was using the usb from my computer. When I plugged it in using the power plug, it works just as advertised. The other thought is that it might not be making good contact in the dock and it isn't being powered. It will go into Dock Mode if it gets close to the magnet, but that doesn't mean it is powered. Do you have a case on it?

Also, if you go to Settings > Applications > Development, you can check Stay Awake so it won't go dark if it has power. Nice for just using navigation to follow along.

David

Last edited:

scottl

Reaction score
I had that happen once, then I discovered that the DROID was not all the way seated into the docking station....also, the battery wasn't charged the following morning.

Since that time, i make sure that I see the battery charging before I move on, and have had no problems.

(This is plugged into a standard electrical socket, not USB port...fyi)