Disney Announces Star Wars Land Coming to both Disney World and Disney Land

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
SWL180055.jpg

Yes, these are the Droid's you are looking for...

In a few years you will actually be able to take a trip across the US and truly find the Star Wars Droids which inspired us to create the DroidForums Android site logo/moto. Disney Studios announced over the weekend that they will be building Star Wars Land at both Disneyland in Anaheim, California and Disney World in Orlando, Florida.

This "ground-breaking" news (pun intended) was revealed during the D23 Expo. CEO Bob Iger indicated that the new Star Wars Land will be the biggest theme park endeavor in the history of Disney, as they plan to model as many of the famous Star Wars "landmarks" as possible. Here's a quote from the Disney landing page for the announcement:
Ambitious plans to bring Star Wars to life in the two parks include creating Disney’s largest single-themed land expansions ever at 14-acres each, transporting guests to a never-before-seen planet, a remote trading port and one of the last stops before wild space where Star Wars characters and their stories come to life.

“I am thrilled to announce the next chapter in the long and exciting history between Disney Parks and Star Wars,” said Iger. “We are creating a jaw-dropping new world that represents our largest single themed land expansion ever. These new lands at Disneyland and Walt Disney World will transport guests to a whole new Star Wars planet, including an epic Star Wars adventure that puts you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance.”

We can't imagine how long it will take them to build something so ambitious, but let's cross our fingers it doesn't take too long!

Source: Star Wars-Themed Lands Coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts Disney Parks Blog

DrumsOfGrohl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone 6
I've always wanted to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I better do that in the next few years, because there's no way I'll ever go to Harry Potter World once Star Wars Land is opened!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Never been to either park. Here's one more thing I'd like to see that I may never get to. Thanks Disney! Haha!

Someday...someday...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Very cool! Been to both. What I want to know is, where are they going to find 14 acres in Anaheim....that will be a tough one. Orlando on the other hand has plenty of room.
Looking forward to it!

S5 tap'n

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Very cool, I bet it will be awesome. We took the kids to Disney World in '04 and it was a blast. We have talked about going back someday and this may be just the excuse we need to save up & plan another trip.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Very cool, my wife will certainly want to go back and see that, but then again she goes every year... it doesn't hurt to be an hour and a half away.