Disappointed with gingerbread.

Rated_R

Reaction score
I am just so dissapointed by the gingerbread theme. The status bar is just black with no definition. The battery is ok but its too small. The signal bars are ok if they were not green. Blah. I just hate dark themes I suppose. Im a huge fan of stock android. I guess after 2.3 drops the current theme will be referred to as the froyo theme.

Anyone else feel the same?

Sent from the van down by the river.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Gingerbread hasn't even been released?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well all I I have to say is wait for gingerbread to actually release...just cuz there's a theme out there doesn't mean that's exactly how gingerbread will be

Sent from my DROID2

topdogg

Reaction score
I like the gingerbread theme, I think the green looks good with the black. Never really liked the stock look. I'm running it on CM6.1 and love it.

topdogg

Reaction score
Well all I I have to say is wait for gingerbread to actually release...just cuz there's a theme out there doesn't mean that's exactly how gingerbread will be

Sent from my DROID2

I think the images were taken directly from official gingerbread SDK. At least that's what the was posted on the Ginberbread theme thread. Dunno..

Jmart922

Reaction score
On the contrary I think the theme looks pretty cool, especially the enhanced miui window animations, pretty slick

OP
R

Rated_R

Reaction score
I mean don't get me wrong I realize different people like different themes. But come on. The task bar is an un-imaginative black slab. Like I said the new battery is nice, but its a tad to small. The rest of the ui is nice with the squareness of it. At least the froyo theme had some uniform-ness and style.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, if some roms out there now have the ability to tweak the task bar who's to say Gingerbread won't have that capability? Although, yes, seems like we would have heard rumors by now.

I personally don't see all the fuss. I don't really even notice a lot of these things. When the purpose is critical info at a glance, if all I do is "glance" I'm not really struck by the aesthetics.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, OP. Taking a giant leap here. Usually the complaints about the new OS start rolling in after it's released.;)

Right now we are in the anticipation phase. You're not allowed to start complaining yet. :D

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Actually, I like the theme much better than Froyo. Black is much better than grey too me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rated_R

Reaction score
Wow, OP. Taking a giant leap here. Usually the complaints about the new OS start rolling in after it's released.;)

Right now we are in the anticipation phase. You're not allowed to start complaining yet. :D

Hook this is my soap box. Get off. Lol. ;-)

I know its not released yet and there may be improvements but I doubt it. With the source dropping and the nexus s (don't get me started on that) being release later this month, I just don't see much change comming.

But I guess sense I run cm6.1 on my inc I don't for see myself flashing anything else till a cyanogenmod gingerbread comes out. And even then I know how to swap images in the framework so I can mod it to my liking.

Stupid black bar. *kicks gingerbread man.

OP
R

Rated_R

Reaction score
Yeah I know. Just needed to vent it.