Disable zoom overlay on stock browser?

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I got 2.1 today and pinch and zoom is great. It seems to be a little smoother than it is on Dolphin.

The one thing that's annoying me is as a scroll down the screen the old zoom overlay comes up on the screen. I've already accidentally zoomed in a couple of times running my finger down the screen. Now that I can pinch and zoom is there anyway to get rid of this?

Thanks

cplus

Reaction score
bump

I almost started a thread just like this. I would like the overlay disabled too.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
It's funny, being my first touchscreen phone, I was never overtaken by the obsession over pinch zoom, and had zero problems with double tapping the screen. Even now with pinch zoom I rarely use it. I agree they probably could have taken the plus/minus icons off the screen but I'm glad they allow you to still double-tap because it's far more handy if you're trying to zoom one-handed, in my opinion of course.

OP
gatecitycanes

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
It's funny, being my first touchscreen phone, I was never overtaken by the obsession over pinch zoom, and had zero problems with double tapping the screen. Even now with pinch zoom I rarely use it. I agree they probably could have taken the plus/minus icons off the screen but I'm glad they allow you to still double-tap because it's far more handy if you're trying to zoom one-handed, in my opinion of course.

I'm all for it being an option (although I didn't like it even when it was the only option), but now I'd like to be able to take it off.