Disable "Reply to All" in Text Messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott1974

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the "reply to all" feature in the stock text message app? I must be missing something, but I can't figure out how to reply to only the person who composed the text and not to everyone it was sent to? Is it possible to do this through the stock app?

OP
S

Scott1974

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable the "reply to all" feature in the stock text message app? I must be missing something, but I can't figure out how to reply to only the person who composed the text and not to everyone it was sent to? Is it possible to do this through the stock app?

AirJunky

Reaction score
Go into the Text Messaging app. Click the three dots at the top right corner, then click Settings. Change the Default Group Message Type to Individual Conversations. Done.

SallyC

Reaction score

I don't have the three dots on mine that AirJunky refers to, but in the stock text app, open the message. Then go Menu>Modify Recipients. It won't disable the reply to all, unfortunately, but it will work for the message you're replying to.

gesangbaer

Reaction score
not quite

Go into the Text Messaging app. Click the three dots at the top right corner, then click Settings. Change the Default Group Message Type to Individual Conversations. Done.

All this does is break out the replies into individual conversations. It doesn't stop the auto-reply-all. I really wish there was an easy way to disable this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.