Disable Boot Animation not Working

pyro6128

Reaction score
The disable boot animation option in the liberty tool box does not work. I've tried multiple times, but it never gets rid of the boot animation. Is it possible to just use root explorer and delete the boot animation to achieve the same results?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't happen to have jrummy's overclock app do you? That's what I use and it works like a charm. But yeah I think theres a file whose extension you can change to .bak to get it done.

tappin and a talkin

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
I don't have that, I have set cpu. Should I look into getting that app? I was very well versed rooting and modding my D1, but since I picked up a D2 recently, I'm trying to relearn a lot of things since there are a lot of differences

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well if you want to overclock then that would be my preferred method. It's really easy to use and has a slick interface. Plus it has its own set CPU type slider profile thing so that's cool.

tappin and a talkin

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
is this the one you're talking about?
Droid Overclock - Android

it seems like it, but the screenshots says droid x, I just want to be sure before I get it

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
So i tried the droid overclock app and the remove bootanimation feature, adn it didnt work, I still got the "android" bootani. Then I tried to use the liberty tool box to remove it, and again it didnt work. I also used root explorer and searched for everything titled "bootanimation" and deleted them, and I still got the android bootani. How can I get rid of it altogether so I can have a faster boot time?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You know what, that's my mistake for not clarifying. It would appear there is no way to fully disable boot ani on the d2. You'll always get defaulted to the android boot ani

tappin and a talkin

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
ahhh, I guess that makes sense. Well in that case I might as well put a cooler boot animation there than just the word android haha

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol yeah that's true. I think part of the reason they still say you can disable the boot ani on a d2/x to boot faster is that that stock scrolling android thing just loops till it boots where as a boot animation may last longer than the boot process thus making it take longer. Still no comparison to how fast you could boot a d1 though.

tappin and a talkin

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
yea thats exactly what i was expecting. With ultimate droid on my d1 I had a boot time of a couple of seconds max. It was great when flashing and doing other things that required a reboot. Oh well, can't win em all

ramox etoch

Reaction score
Actually, I got mine to stop, but then I had to...

You know what, that's my mistake for not clarifying. It would appear there is no way to fully disable boot ani on the d2. You'll always get defaulted to the android boot ani

tappin and a talkin

I was actually able to totally disable my boot animations, but the theme I had, also disabled my beloved swype. I flashed a new theme, which got my swype back! Yay!, but also won't allow me to disable my boot ani. Bleh! I will find a way, and post it here! I loathe the boot animations...I want my phone, MY way. I'm sure there's a way.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
spazz has the right idea. When you have a custom ROM on your phone, it will most likely come with a custom bootanimation. So what happens is, the custom ROM replaces the original bootanimation and places it in I think, not entirely sure, /data/data folder. I just know for a fact that it is moved but does not have the .bak on the original bootanimation. So, technically, there should be 2 bootanimation on your phone... the original and the one that came with the custom ROM. If you remove the custom ROM bootanimation, the original will somehow move back into where the custom ROM's bootanimation was (/system/data I think). Then you will have only the original bootanimation on there. That one is suppose to be changed to bootanimation.bak.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Boot logo or animation? I tried taking the animation out of the data/local folder, but it only gives a black screen then at boot up that takes just as long as the animation haha. Its only like 15 sec though so I can wait. I do understand how it could get tedious though. I have my Sysctl settings set up in such a way that I have to reboot twice a day (vf cache pressure). It would be nice to disable it

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict