Disable Admob?

NegativeX

Reaction score
Not sure if it was an app I installed or what... but now I have stupid adware from Admob popping up on my phone constantly now...

Anyway to disable or get rid of it?

Stigy

Reaction score
Developers can advertise within their applications using AdMob.

There was a program when I was rooted that would edit the HOSTS file on the device to kill all the ads on the device. Only works if you are rooted though.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
root. adfree android.

(edit: it doesn't remove ads, it just makes it show they do not show up, instead its just a white rectangle... I wish they let you edit the color if anyhting cause with my theme a black rectangle would be perfect.)

Last edited:

mastersonc

Reaction score
Is there any one specific google app that this might be built into? I am gettings ads while browsing and in just about every game I've downloaded whether paid or free. I shouldnt have to see ads while using a paid app that has no affiliation with Google. Driving me nuts. I have the original Droid that I use if I want a rooted phone. Was trying to keep my HTC Incredible stock but this drives me nuts. I don't want to just have a blank rectangle either. What else can be done?

Ive tried removing all the Google extras that I dont use thinking it might be hosted by one of those (Goggles, Earth, Translator) but no dice. I've stripped off all the apps that I originally downloaded but its apparently coming from some sort of bloatware on the phone. Guess this one is going to have to be rooted and remove all the bloatware to stop it? Could it possibly be hosted by the Maps app? I use that one reguarly and cant get rid of that...

Last edited:

austinnrg.com

Reaction score
I know this probably wouldn't bother you guys, but as a woman, I don't like having to look at ads geared towards men (bikini women, etc...check'em out now!) when I download an app...specifically, workout or weightlifting log apps. ...wtf are they thinkin? That only men lift weights? I think I'll try and root my phone and look at white rectangles...

Last edited:

DevWolf

Reaction score
Adware and malware bundled with apps

Not sure if it was an app I installed or what... but now I have stupid adware from Admob popping up on my phone constantly now...

You downloaded a battery manager right? Now you randomly get a black screen with an add on it. Generally a battery add? This is from an app called battery manager. There is no uninstall and when you try to close the "battery reciever" process, it wont close. This adware also causes admob to only display the battery manager add and shows up on screens which normally dont show advertisements, like the aplication manager. It also disables your data manager. The battery manager app also has false ratings, false download counts, and false software (it doesnt improve battery life, it gives you access to controls you already have access to)

Ive sent emails to the developer without replys. Im very upset about it and have sent emails to tech support and verison to find out how to remove it. Nobody knows

Does anyone know how to handle this? Perhaps teather her to my pc and look for the app and adware that way?

I can be contacted at astcomjakecw@facebook / or aol.com. you can also call me if you have questions or solutions. My contact can be found at "http://www.sotd.us/kylecurrier/Contact.html"

spider210

Reaction score
When in market hit settings disable admob

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

DevWolf

Reaction score
doesnt work either!

Ad free requires a jail broken phone, however i have a droid x with verison and if i jail break it, they nuke the phone's hdd. So that wont work.

I also tried disabling admob in the market but still get ads. The ads are exclusively battery manager ads. And they still pop up during calls, in the application manager and otherwise ad free areas of the phone.

Does anyone else have a solution? Or the number/address of the developer so i can beat his ass into the floor?

-Sent via DROID Neuro Technology, using an Emotiv EPOC Neuro Headset from Emotiv.com

DevWolf

Reaction score
doesnt work either!

Ad free requires a jail broken phone, however i have a droid x with verison and if i jail break it, they nuke the phone's hdd. So that wont work.

I also tried disabling admob in the market but still get ads. The ads are exclusively battery manager ads. And they still pop up during calls, in the application manager and otherwise ad free areas of the phone.

Check my first post to see what the situation is.. does anyone else have a solution? Or the number/address of the developer so i can beat his ass into the floor?

-Sent via DROID Neuro Technology, using an Emotiv EPOC Neuro Headset from Emotiv.com

Vinacol

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sgs5

I have been using a number of apps for years. Suddenly there are banners on all of them!! I purchased an ad blocker on Google play. No good blocks some but overall, no improvement. I downloaded another app that tells me which apps have adware embedded. It found 18 apps. Some that I have used for years. Including Google Apps such as tracks and maps, Samsung apps too!! It found admob in all of them. Google bought admob!! In my search I found that Google play settings used to have an "admob" switch. You could turn it off. It's not there anymore. I looked for admob in Google play and there are many apps to monitor your account etc... Admob is used by advertisers and Google play offers Asus of integrating them on apps and monitoring apps, etc... Just called Google play and asked them kindly how they plan to turn it off!! It's coming from them!! With updates they have been putting admob on everything!! I'm waiting for a reply. The customer service rep was going to look into it.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
@Vinacol

Welcome to the forum

Not sure you got the correct information. Go to settings - accounts - Google. Is there no Ads selection there? It's there in all my Android devices using several versions of Android.

That would be where you opt-out of Google ads. If that is checked then something else is going on.

Vinacol

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sgs5
@Vinacol

Welcome to the forum

Not sure you got the correct information. Go to settings - accounts - Google. Is there no Ads selection there? It's there in all my Android devices using several versions of Android.

That would be where you opt-out of Google ads. If that is checked then something else is going on.

I saw instructions similar but they implied Google play settings. Account settings has the ads opt out just like you said. I was looking in the wrong place . I hope this puts an end to those ads. Google play customer service did not mention this when I talked to them on the phone. Thank very much!! This issue was annoying me to no end.