Different ringtones and notices

mag1knj

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is a way first of all to get a seperate ringtone and text message tone for each contact?

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
U can set a certain ringtone for a contact by going to the contact, menu button, options, and select the ringtone

OP
M

mag1knj

Reaction score
U can set a certain ringtone for a contact by going to the contact, menu button, options, and select the ringtone

right but can you also set a text message tone for that contact as well? I get one txt message tone for everyone and all notifications.

hart.jordan

Reaction score
I would like to know also, on my storm I could have a different sound for each of my email accounts and a different one for text mess and for Facebook notifications... this would be cool.

3turner

Reaction score

right but can you also set a text message tone for that contact as well? I get one txt message tone for everyone and all notifications.
Using Handcent, it appears that you can set a certain Notification tone for text messages for that contact. So if you have Handcent, click into the contact you want to personalize the tone for and then at the top right, there is a button for settings (with the cog wheel), a popup will show that has Notification Settings, in the new screen, select ringtone for the contact. Make sure that in the last screen that at the top it shows that contacts name and number to ensure that you are changing the ringtone for that person and not the default.

Reaction score
i have mp3s in my music folder. is there a way to assign an mp3 as a custom ringtone for a particular contact? all that shows up in my choices are the standard ringtones that come with the phone.
thanks,

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i have mp3s in my music folder. is there a way to assign an mp3 as a custom ringtone for a particular contact? all that shows up in my choices are the standard ringtones that come with the phone.
thanks,

Create a folder called ringtones and place them in there...They will show as a choice then.