Different notification sounds for gmail, google talk, texts etc?

kimintenn

Reaction score
Thanks to an old thread I figured out how to add notifications to my SD card... now I can't figure out how to make different apps have different notification sounds. On my OG Droid I could tell from the sound whether I got a Gmail, a text or a google talk message. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance!

OP
kimintenn

kimintenn

Reaction score
Finally found my answer after more searching... didn't see this before:

Go to Personalize/Sound/Notification Sound. There you'll be able to set the notification sounds for Messages, Calendar, Email, Task, etc. Just FYI, Gmail accounts always use the "Default Notification" sound. So if you set a notification sound for email, it'll work for all OTHER email accounts except Gmail. Voice mail does the same. It uses the default notification sound as well. I already contacted HTC about this. It is a known issue. I wouldn't call it a bug, as much as a limitation of the software. Hopefully, this will be changed via a future OTA firmware update.

RH

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
As stated above, you can generally set thru the the app settings or you can download and use LED Light Flow to customize your LED colors and notification sounds.