Different lockscreen

Psj77

Reaction score
How can I set my lockscreen to be a different picture than my wallpaper? Sorry if this is a stupid question haha

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

tebower

Reaction score
This is not possible unless you use a lockscreen replacement app, such as WidgetLocker. The stock ROM does not have an option for this, and I don't know of a root-based way either.

WidgetLocker just had a major update and it's pretty stinkin' awesome now.

Reaction score
Couple days ago I bought a lock app called Goto lock, you can set a different background and its pretty slick.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

lieblax

Reaction score
do these apps have other functions? or are they just simply to change your lockscreen? if that's all then I won't bother buying either. But i am looking for an app that will get rid of the lock screen altogether, but unlock ONLY when i press the unlock button, not the volume keys.

Asphyx

Reaction score
do these apps have other functions? or are they just simply to change your lockscreen? if that's all then I won't bother buying either. But i am looking for an app that will get rid of the lock screen altogether, but unlock ONLY when i press the unlock button, not the volume keys.

Widget locker will actually let you place widgets on and customize your lockscreen.

It will even add custom sliders that can do things like Turn on the Camera or run different apps without having to swipe to unlock. You instead swipe to launch.

It will also allow the custom background if you like.
It's a great must have app if you ask me.

lieblax

Reaction score

Widget locker will actually let you place widgets on and customize your lockscreen.

It will even add custom sliders that can do things like Turn on the Camera or run different apps without having to swipe to unlock. You instead swipe to launch.

It will also allow the custom background if you like.
It's a great must have app if you ask me.

that sounds great but i think i can do without it. i currently use no lock which lets me turn the lockscreen off altogether, and i unlock it using the unlock button. the only drawback is that the volume and camera buttons also unlock the phone, and sometimes turn it on by accident. is there any app that removes the lockscreen and only unlocks the phone only by pressing the unlock button and not the others?

tebower

Reaction score
The stock lockscreen is what disables the volume and camera buttons from waking the phone. When you disable the stock lockscreen, such as with NoLock or Widgetlocker, all hardware buttons will wake the device. This is a limitation of the way Android 2.2 is designed, and no 3rd-party app will change this. The documentation provided by the developers of lockscreen-based apps all explain this.

There is no way to disable the lockscreen, and then wake the phone with only the power button.