Did you know?

ChalmersP

Reaction score
I just found out on the physical keyboard, if you press the alt button twice it keeps it on, so if you are typing a phone number, you dont have to press the alt key for every number you type...

OP
C

ChalmersP

Reaction score
Has anyone else found cool things with the Droid keyboards?

LordKastle

Reaction score
All I can say is the physical keyboard is my second love. The more some try to naysay it...the more I love. I think people just need to use it for more than a text message in order to feel the vibe.

OP
C

ChalmersP

Reaction score
I love how the keyboard feels when you open it up! Its so cool! I have still yet to use the D-pad on it though!! They should come out with a Droid that doesnt have the D-pad, then they could make a bigger keyboard!

Szyslak

Reaction score
I just found out on the physical keyboard, if you press the alt button twice it keeps it on, so if you are typing a phone number, you dont have to press the alt key for every number you type...
Very handy. Thanks for the tip!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some other keyboard tricks:

Press shift twice to get caps lock, then Alt twice to get a very interesting character set including the Euro symbol, upside down exclamation/question marks, the Yen symbol, etc.

Holding the menu button and pressing letters can sometimes be shortcuts. One example is, when your in the browser and you press Menu+F it opens a "Find" that searches the page your on for the text you enter.

You can also set Quick Launches in the Application Settings that open when you hold the Search key and press a letter.

TheShaz

Reaction score
Just got the :motdroidvert: DROID :motdroidvert: yesterday :icon_ banana:

The keyboard is ok -need to get used to it. Sending text messages was funny, I kept hitting ENTER instead of DELETE. The onscreen KB's are good, even better once I found the setting to turn on the haptic feedback.

I think after a week of use I should be pretty comfortable with the slide out KB.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Dpad is wonderful when you need to edit a sentence and don't want to be poking all over your screen trying to pinpoint the cursor.

Here are a few other tips:

Hold the magnifying glass button down for a few seconds to bring up google voice search.

Hold the menu button down when using the browser to bring up your internet history.

Hold the home button down to see that last six applications that were used.

All these have been mentioned in other threads, but I still thought I would add them here.