Did i almost brick my maxx? HELP!!!

earlybill1

Reaction score
I used rom toolbox to reboot into recovery, ( droid razr maxx xt9.1.2) it tried to reboot but went to a screen that had a droid laying on his back and opened his stomach and looked like keyboard or a calculator inside. Did it brick or what the hell was that ? I pressed all buttons in panic and then help power and search and it rebooted back just fine . It scared the **** outta me . Please what was that . I have safestrap and am rooted but I can't get safestrap to boot to recovery. I install it then it does nothing if I power down my maxx it boots up regularly. Safestrap says recovery state : installed and safe system not active 3.12 what's up did I not do it the was it was to be done. Help please

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
You were one step away from STOCK recovery. Don't know the button presses, but you don't need to worry about anything. As with SS, I'm sure you can just reflash it and it will work fine. Just power you're phone down, then right back up. There should be a splash screen.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
You were one step away from STOCK recovery. Don't know the button presses, but you don't need to worry about anything. As with SS, I'm sure you can just reflash it and it will work fine. Just power you're phone down, then right back up. There should be a splash screen.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I've seen the splash screen once but if I just power down my phone its boots up normal no splash screen

Scimino

Reaction score
Press volume up and down at the same time to open recovery. You would do so when u see the droid guy. It doesn't matter if he's on his back or standing. Just follow the above post to reinstall ss.
Just make sure u enable ss after installing. Just open the app and u should see a option to enable.

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Press volume up and down at the same time to open recovery. You would do so when u see the droid guy. It doesn't matter if he's on his back or standing. Just follow the above post to reinstall ss.
Just make sure u enable ss after installing. Just open the app and u should see a option to enable.
When do I press volume buttons .....the only way I got to droid on his back was though romtool box