Did anyone buy Droid at BB and pricematch Walmart?

Attackcenter

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased from BB today? If so how much did you pay after taxes? Do you pay an activation fee? Did you price match Walmart's $188 price?

AC

Jason

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has purchased from BB today? If so how much did you pay after taxes? Do you pay an activation fee? Did you price match Walmart's $188 price?

AC

I checked Walmart online and they have the Droid for $150 with instant mail in rebate. I doubt that Best Buy will match the price though but I'll still try

http://walmart.letstalk.com/cart/cart.htm

OP
A

Attackcenter

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I thought that I saw someone post that the in store price for Droid at Walmart was $188. If so, that would be a credible price match.

AC

Jason

Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I thought that I saw someone post that the in store price for Droid at Walmart was $188. If so, that would be a credible price match.

AC
yea I know I saw that too but I wanted to make sure what they had it for online cause that is what Best Buy checks when they price match

OP
A

Attackcenter

Reaction score
Are you refering to Best Buy Mobile?

If so, I asked the Sr. Best Buy Mobile employee that was helping me at Best Buy if they price match. She told me "no" Best Buy Mobile does not price match, is this true? I am a new activation.

I paid $254.75 all together for my Droid. Boy, do I feel I got slapped, compared to these other deals. It's also a good lesson for me on sales and buy these smartphones phones. I think at Sprint, I made a similar mistake. I was considering returning it for a better price, but a CS rep (I think) made the point to me that after you activate your line, your no longer considered a new customer. I do know of course that I could return the phone under the current law, get a refund, and end service within the first 30 days. Then I could try to get Verizon to get my account deleted or reset so that I would no longer appear to be a customer and then repurchase the phone.

Does Best Buy truly have this police? Has anybody ever done what I am kinda considering?

Last edited:

Getaphixx

Reaction score
Makes me want to go back and *****...

I'm also exclusively using Google Voice as my number.. and I'm wanting to downgrade to the 450 min plan.. as I probably won't even go over 100mintues for a month using Google Voice..

Jason

Reaction score
Are you refering to Best Buy Mobile?

If so, I asked the Sr. Best Buy Mobile employee that was helping me at Best Buy if they price match. She told me "no" Best Buy Mobile does not price match, is this true? I am a new activation.

I paid $254.75 all together for my Droid. Boy, do I feel I got slapped, compared to these other deals. It's also a good lesson for me on sales and buy these smartphones phones. I think at Sprint, I made a similar mistake. I was considering returning it for a better price, but a CS rep (I think) made the point to me that after you activate your line, your no longer considered a new customer. I do know of course that I could return the phone under the current law, get a refund, and end service within the first 30 days. Then I could try to get Verizon to get my account deleted or reset so that I would no longer appear to be a customer and then repurchase the phone.

Does Best Buy truly have this police? Has anybody ever done what I am kinda considering?

Best Buy Mobile didn't let you price match the rep that helped just ask me where to look and she found it and I saved myself $20. I got it for $230 out the door

romeov

Reaction score
Best Buy price matched my Droid from Wallmart and Sears for $150 this past Friday. No activation fee, out the door.

OP
A

Attackcenter

Reaction score
@Romeov:

I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. The SR Employee told me that Best Buy Mobile (I guess not Best Buy) does not price match. Although, either she or the reps you guys are dealing with are wrong. Not sure who. I don't see anything on the BB website saying the mobile dept. doesn't price match. On one of the boards, somebody recently said, to try a different store if you have problems dealing with store employees. Also, when you do a price match you may go directly to CS and not deal with the Mobile Dept. and it could be a whole other situation. Could you guys PM a copy of your receipts showing the transaction? Does anyone have a copy of the Walmart and Sears ad that you can send me? Did you guys deal with CS or Best Buy Mobile section when you came in for price match? That may be a option.

Another plan would be cancel service for the phone by 10:00am (3 days stated in the Verizon return policy to avoid exchange fee) and return the phone to BB. I would have to wait an additional 3 days (Verizon Policy) so that this wouldn't be considered an exchange. Then I take it, that you could then purchase it from wirefly.com for $120.00 no tax and free shipping + activation fee $156.00 out the door. I don't know though if I do this and wirefly.com does a check on my social security information, etc if I would be considered a new customer and qualified for the new person price.

What do you guys think? Has anyone done anything like this before?

AC

Last edited: