Did any of you consider/look at the HTC passion before purchasing the Motorola?

Sylent

Reaction score
The passion? Im never getting windows mobile again its ****.

or did you mean the hero/eris?

thetruth

Reaction score
From my understanding, Verizon will be getting the HTC Passion but in an Android OS version. Not Windows Mobile.

peh803

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Passion -- it's supposed to be awesome. Close to twice the processing power of the DROID, 4.3" capacitive touch screen, HTC Sense UI + Android 2.0, multi-touch in the browser, etc.

One question I have about it, though, is that I understand some folks are having trouble with memory on DROIDs and other Android phones, specifically, there's only 256MB available to store application data -- i.e., they don't / can't get stored on MicroSD card. Is this true? If so, are there any good android options that don't have this limitation? I see this as a major issue -- and I want more space!!

Thanks,
Phil

plastike

Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Passion -- it's supposed to be awesome. Close to twice the processing power of the DROID, 4.3" capacitive touch screen, HTC Sense UI + Android 2.0, multi-touch in the browser, etc.

One question I have about it, though, is that I understand some folks are having trouble with memory on DROIDs and other Android phones, specifically, there's only 256MB available to store application data -- i.e., they don't / can't get stored on MicroSD card. Is this true? If so, are there any good android options that don't have this limitation? I see this as a major issue -- and I want more space!!

Thanks,
Phil

There's currently an app in the Market that allows for saving files to the SD card rather than the internal memory - though I forget the name of the app.

OP
I

iunknown

Reaction score
I've kind of grown to like the look of the droid, it fits me better. Compared to the passion that looks like a BB storm...

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is no official word on the HTC Passion yet. Nobody is even sure if it will be coming to Verizon or another network. A supposed picture was leaked but it was later said that it was an iPhone running a theme. I've also read that the Passion's snapdragon 1ghz processor will without a doubt have to be underclocked for battery purposes. Also, the processor is not the only thing that determines how fast a phone is. The specs on that thing look awesome if they turn out to be true, but without knowing when and where it will be released, I just couldn't pass up on the Droid. The thing about waiting is that you could spend forever doing it. There's always a better phone with bleeding egde specs right around the corner.