Dialer is lagging

Bones46750

Reaction score
Several times now my x2's dialer will look like it is dialing but when I hit the send button it doesn't appear to do anything. Then, after a couple of minutes, it will dial the number. Very frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you stock, rooted or running a rom??

finally rooted...always MAXXIMIZED..

OP
B

Bones46750

Reaction score
Running stock. I haven't had the courage to try rooting yet.

freqz

Reaction score
I'm running eclipse, and I notice the same issue and it was getting pretty bad. I narrowed it down to go launcher. It was laging just about every function. Changed launcher's and problem went away.

OP
B

Bones46750

Reaction score
Had GO SMS running. I've removed it and it seems to have done the job. Thanks alot.

Wolfman38

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I am running pure stock not rooted and no launchers. I have deleted every one of my apps I once had on the phone to try and keep it from lagging. My battery will not make through a day any more. It is needing a charge by 3 in the afternoon and that is with me being on WiFi all day long. 2.5 more months and I can get rid of this slow dinosaur for something faster and better. :D

kpenrose

Reaction score
Several times now my x2's dialer will look like it is dialing but when I hit the send button it doesn't appear to do anything. Then, after a couple of minutes, it will dial the number. Very frustrating. Anyone have any ideas?

Mine does the same thing and has been doing it for quite a long time now. I haven't been able to pin it down to anything in particular. Battery pull, reboots, restarts only fix the problem occasionally. I also have a problem where a text entry field will be unusable. I can't type into it at all. I have found that hitting the backspace key about 200 times will fix that problem. Looks like somehow some garbage is stuck in the input buffer, causing it to look full to the app I'm trying to use.
This phone is such a POS, but I'm stuck with it for a while.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
i would root and install eclipse 2.3 rom
or you could try flashing the sbf/firmware with rsd lite