Dialer Crashes/Won't Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roque

Reaction score
If I click on the phone icon to get to the Dialer, it crashes immediately. I downloaded Dialer One and it works fine, but the stock Dialer doesn't. I'd prefer to get the stock Dialer working. Anyone have this problem?

OP
R

Roque

Reaction score
If I click on the phone icon to get to the Dialer, it crashes immediately. I downloaded Dialer One and it works fine, but the stock Dialer doesn't. I'd prefer to get the stock Dialer working. Anyone have this problem?

I have a Droid Pro and I posted over there, but just wanted to see if anyone here has had the same problem.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Are you rooted? Did you freeze or uninstall any stock apps? What other modifications have you done?

OP
R

Roque

Reaction score
Are you rooted? Did you freeze or uninstall any stock apps? What other modifications have you done?

Not rooted. I have not frozen/uninstalled any stock apps. Trying to keep this phone reliable, but I guess something happened.

BCCowbellGuy

Reaction score
Droid 2 Global Stock Dialer Exits

I'm having a very similar problem with my Droid 2 Global as of about a few hours ago. Stock dialer either does nothing, or if I touch the phone icon enough times, sometimes I'll see a flash of the dialer trying to open before it disappears and leaves me at the home screen. I have not uninstalled anything that came on the phone and have not rooted it. I've tried shutting the phone down and restarting it, but the dialer only has limited luck in staying open a little longer before everything is loaded (time before the home screen reappears is roughly half a second longer when the SD card is still being prepared). Only "modifications" I've made is downloading some apps (mostly games). If we could figure out what's going on and how to fix it, I'd really appreciate it.

UPDATE: It seems that if I attempt to open it repeatedly and manage to touch through to the voice commands icon that backing out will leave me at the dialer without exiting out of it. I imagine this is the case if you go into anything on that screen before the dialer exits the first time. In any case, it's still very annoying and very hard to reliably get to the dialer.

Last edited:
OP
R

Roque

Reaction score
I had to do a Factory Data Reset to fix it. Lame.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

lylez

Reaction score
Outgoing calls end immediately

Since I upgraded My Droid X to 2.3.3, every so often when I try to make a call, it hangs up instantly (call time 0 seconds), and I hear kind of a clink noise. Only way to fix it is to reboot the phone. I have not rooted it or any such thing.

billyban

Reaction score
this has been happening to me. Motorola Droid Pro. Touch the phone icon at bottom left of home screen, screen flashes and goes back to home screen. If i touch the 'Recent Calls' icon, it takes me to the phone function, but if i touch the 'Dialer' tab it flashes and closes, back to home screen.

Only way i can call to order pizza or take out, etc is to add that number into my contacts and call it from my contacts. Anything that comes between me and ordering take out is a real PITA!!!

lylez

Reaction score
this has been happening to me. Motorola Droid Pro. Touch the phone icon at bottom left of home screen, screen flashes and goes back to home screen. If i touch the 'Recent Calls' icon, it takes me to the phone function, but if i touch the 'Dialer' tab it flashes and closes, back to home screen.

Only way i can call to order pizza or take out, etc is to add that number into my contacts and call it from my contacts. Anything that comes between me and ordering take out is a real PITA!!!

If they don't fix these bugs, I'm going to get an iPhone 5 when they come out. There are times when I can't even answer my phone, and many times lately, I've had to pull the battery because the phone locked up. The latest fix Verizon transmitted didn't really seem to help any.

Status
Not open for further replies.