Developing a calculator-- what features do you want??

OP
devosnw

devosnw

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys this is good material for me to start from.

At this point I think I will focus on getting the core calculator experience down, then add advanced scientific features then I'll look to see about adding some of those features like graphing and such.

I really like the idea of setting the transparency so you can see through the app. Never thought of that before.

I also really like the idea of a simple widget

The reason I've been mainly asking about UI is for me that is the most important thing. I don't care that the app works if the UI looks like someone took a crap on it. If the app isn't elegant, intuitive and easy to use I'm not interested.

How about color scheme? Would you like to see a more modern or retro look? Do you like the look of the iPhone one or would you rather see something that integrates more with Android?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
conversion! like money, length, volume, all that!

cavallodispade

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys this is good material for me to start from.

At this point I think I will focus on getting the core calculator experience down, then add advanced scientific features then I'll look to see about adding some of those features like graphing and such.

I really like the idea of setting the transparency so you can see through the app. Never thought of that before.

I also really like the idea of a simple widget

The reason I've been mainly asking about UI is for me that is the most important thing. I don't care that the app works if the UI looks like someone took a crap on it. If the app isn't elegant, intuitive and easy to use I'm not interested.

How about color scheme? Would you like to see a more modern or retro look? Do you like the look of the iPhone one or would you rather see something that integrates more with Android?

try the android look. id prefer it, but that's just me.

Twist747

Reaction score
KISS - I feel that if the Droid Calc had a %, memory add & subtract, +/-, most of my basic needs are there. Other apps can do the more complex functions. Intuitive layout is always important. Appearance should be simple and clean.

Thanks for your interest!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I suggest starting with the Android with a modern look and later upgrades could have more skins.

3vil

Reaction score
I want a calculator that can graph 3d functions, vectors, in polar and parametric equations

Last edited: