Detail isn't the cameras problem, see?

Reaction score
Hey all,

I took this test pic this weekend at a soccer game and was surprised at the amount of detail in this shot. There is graininess in the shot for sure when you zoom in, but the blades of grass are all accounted for. Hopefully that update will help better these shots, but I'm no camera guru so I can only cross my fingers.

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Looks like a good picture to me overall. Still not what I expected from a 5mp camera phone, but that's one of the better shots I've seen. Did you get the camera to focus?

OP
M
Reaction score
I think it did. Hard to remember though cause it's hit or miss. I took a dozen pics that day and can't remember on all the ones I hit on. Yes, still sub par. Pinning all my hopes on this software update.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've got a few great pics out of it. The main issue is usually getting it to focus because before taking a blurry crap photo you can see as it tries to focus that at one point the picture is VERY clear but then it fails to hold onto that clear picture. If that makes any sense...

Besides the focusing, the only other issue is the grainy look and sometimes it doesn't do black/dark areas too well. While the focusing can be fixed via software, I'm not sure what can be done about how much/little light the lens picks up or how grainy pics are. That could be hardware. I guess only Dec 11 will tell.

OP
M
Reaction score
i just read somewhere that putting it on infinity mode helps with the focusing issues right now. Will look at that gallery later, boss sitting too close by :p Will be happy as a pig in shite if that software fixes or really helps the graininess!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't got good results with infinity focus. I think it would work well for long distance shots but whenever I try something up close (not REALLY close) it looks blurry.