Despite Injunction German Retailers Allowed to Sell & Restock Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-tab-101-bypass-for-germany.jpg

In another interesting twist of events in the ongoing Apple vs, Samsung legal feud, retailers in Germany are still allowed to both sell and restock the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. The catch is that the legal ban only stops the Samsung Division that is headquartered in Germany, while German retailers are still perfectly able to sell and restock from other divisions such as Samsung Korea. This makes Apple's "victory" seem rather hollow, since the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is still selling just fine in Germany. In fact, Media Markt, a popular electronics retailer in Germany and The Netherlands, could bypass the ban entirely simply by rerouting their shipments through the Netherlands. More than likely, Samsung will eventually do the same thing themselves for other retailers.

Ultimately, this could end up adding to the costs for retailers of the device, as now they may have extra shipping and fees, but it isn't expected to impact the retail prices of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 very much, if at all. This is lucky and welcome news for consumers in Germany. This practically nullifies the whole court case entirely. Share your thoughts in the forums.

Source: GalaxyForums.net and GalaxyTabForums.net via AndroidPolice

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Really tired of Apple.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Yup, they should rename the company to "Sour Apple." IMO Apple is nothing more than a spoiled school-yard bully who doesn't like competition and not getting their way. Imitation is the highest form of flattery so if Apple thinks every device on the market is imitated them then they should be flattered and continue to focus their energy on innovation.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
- Apple wins injunction against Samsung for their tablets. Cost - probably $100,000's to maybe millions in lost sales.

- Galaxy S tablet still being able to be sold AFTER injunction cuz of some technicality....like a technicality that allowed the sketches from Apple to hold up in court:

Priceless...

This practically nullifies the whole court case entirely. Share your thoughts in the forums.

Even more priceless..

sb1831

Reaction score
So you guys honestly don't think that the Galaxy SII wasn't designed with it's home button (removed in the U.S. versions) in an attempt to capitalize on the design and styling of the iPhone? I'm not a fan of Apple by any means, but the first time I saw the SII, the first thing I thought was that its design was a ripoff of the iphone. maybe it's just me but i see apple's side in this one

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mean the big home button thats on their F700?

Apple doesnt have a problem with the button...or they woulda named the F700 in lawsuits.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the phones that will be entirely a screen with no buttons. Like tablets, like the one in the picture. As far as apple goes, I hope people stop buying their products completely.

sb1831

Reaction score
You mean the big home button thats on their F700?

Apple doesnt have a problem with the button...or they woulda named the F700 in lawsuits.

No one would mistake the F700 for an iPhone, it has a QWERTY. I think the combination of that design with some icons that look very similar to those on iOS is what finally pushed Apple to sue. I think it's not named because it's not a touch only device and doesn't use android.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^With the keyboard not open...one could argue you can mistake it for one. Like how Apple is claiming that with the Galaxy S app drawer open one could mistake the Galaxy S for the iPhone. Or with a black background on the home screen one can mistake it for the iPhone.

Just going by the home button...they were already using that design with the F700. Used it with the Omnia 1 too and added a button on either side.