Depression in center of screen when pressed.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the last week or so, whenever I press anywhere on the screen I see a small "depression" appear in the center of the screen. Not a real depression, just a distortion. It's like the screen is thinking I'm pressing in the middle.

I'm planning on upgrading in a few days, but am curious if this has happened to anyone else and what was the cause.

Dutch7

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
For the last week or so, whenever I press anywhere on the screen I see a small "depression" appear in the center of the screen. Not a real depression, just a distortion. It's like the screen is thinking I'm pressing in the middle.

I'm planning on upgrading in a few days, but am curious if this has happened to anyone else and what was the cause.

I ran into the same issue in the past. It is because of the battery. Take the battery out and see if it is swollen. If it is, it is causing pressure to the back of the phone and thus the screen. You can take it to Verizon and they should give you a new battery. They did for me!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Excellent post and thank you for that information. I wanted to help the OP but I literally couldn't understand how that could have been happening and I was close to believing it was a fluke. You've bolstered my faith in the strength of this community with your valuable contribution!

:hail:

P.S. "Thus" is a far too underused word. I'll have to start using it more and thus appear more intelligent! LOL! :p

Last edited:
OP
aaf709

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. It's the battery all right. An extended battery at that.

I'm not too concerned, I'm replacing the phone on Saturday so it just has to last until then.