Deos Droid scale video for less than native res?

rushmore

Reaction score
A good sign that Android 2.0 has improved scaling and their are drivers on Droid to take advantage of video is if a video lower than Droid's native display resolution scales to correct aspect ratio and is not a small window on the display.

Anyone try a PSP or iPhone formatted video to see if the video scales to fit the screen with correct aspect ratio?

Typing error in the title, so should have been "Does Droid". Why no title edits in this board?

Last edited:

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
Yes it does seem to scale videos up from what I can see. I have some 320x240 videos and they fill the screen. While this adds some pixelation to it, they do a decent scaling job.

OP
R

rushmore

Reaction score
Yes it does seem to scale videos up from what I can see. I have some 320x240 videos and they fill the screen. While this adds some pixelation to it, they do a decent scaling job.

Than it is already WAY better than my G1 and means Droid has true hardware scaling active in the OS and hardware :)

sprke81

Reaction score
Mine don't do that. It has horizontal black bars on video playback. Am I doing something wrong?

OP
R

rushmore

Reaction score
Mine don't do that. It has horizontal black bars on video playback. Am I doing something wrong?

As long as the bars are on the top and bottom for widescreen videos and on the sides for 4:3 (standard TV shape) you are fine :)

Examples of 4:3 are Seinfeld, Southpark, Mash. All pre hidef TV shows.