Deodexed gingerbread.

simpsonao17

Reaction score
Wats the difference between the gb 2.3.3 and deodexed?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dbst

Reaction score
You can use themes with the deodexed version

OP
simpsonao17

simpsonao17

Reaction score
I tried to first do from TBH and it froze my system and nvr worked right as if my ram was low. That was the rooted version full. You experience any problems?

Reaction score
Sounds like what I had but after I tried the market fix that came out. Phone was completely unusable.

OP
simpsonao17

simpsonao17

Reaction score
You still using gb now or did you fix it?

Reaction score
I am still on gb. I had to sfb back. I tried to get back into recovery with bootstrap but the phone was so slow in could not even open the application draw without it taking 20th minutes to think about it. But I like gb so much that I still have it.

Last edited:

joker402

Reaction score
On the deodexed you have to wipe data/cache a few times to get it to work properly.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Sounds like what I had but after I tried the market fix that came out. Phone was completely unusable.

The Market Fix was only for the problem of apps not showing up in the Market...it shouldnt "fix" or "alter" anything else...
Sounds like you didnt Wipe Fully on the initial install, or you didnt SBF all the way back to 2.3.340...

I am still on gb. I had to sfb back. I tried to get back into recovery with bootstrap but the phone was so slow in could not even open the application draw without it taking 20th minutes to think about it. But I like gb so much that I still have it.
SBF all the way back to 2.3.340 or use the maderstock zip to do so, wipe data and cache atleast 2 times, then re-root and re-flash the GB Pre-root DeoDexed GB release....then re-wipe data and cache again, and set your phone back up and see how it works after that. You are 1 of the few people I have came across having this many issues with the P3Droid GB release...

On the deodexed you have to wipe data/cache a few times to get it to work properly.

Really? I didnt do it the first time and I am having 0 issues with it. I flashed it right over the top of the GB Pre-Rooted release...

joker402

Reaction score
i havent either but it has been giving problems. the phone locked up on me for about an hour and after 7 or 8 batter pulls it worked. Over at the TBH site, they recommend wiping it a few times. I havent yet just because im to lazy but I will if it happens again. Other than that, its sweet.

mr.ellsworth

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the car dock and home dock from liberty 1.5 to install on the new GB?

Thanks

reuuin88

Reaction score
To get the deodexed version working smoothly I did this in this order

1. My original Liberty 1.5 rom --> Sbf .340
2.Wiped data 3 times--->Root/bootstrap the .340
3.Install GB prerooted full
4.Wiped data 3 times ---> Installed deodexed/rooted GB

Running smoother than butter and faster than ever.

Doing a moderate use battery test atm, proud to report a 30% power level time of 1d3hours currently :)

Reaction score

The Market Fix was only for the problem of apps not showing up in the Market...it shouldnt "fix" or "alter" anything else...
Sounds like you didnt Wipe Fully on the initial install, or you didnt SBF all the way back to 2.3.340...

SBF all the way back to 2.3.340 or use the maderstock zip to do so, wipe data and cache atleast 2 times, then re-root and re-flash the GB Pre-root DeoDexed GB release....then re-wipe data and cache again, and set your phone back up and see how it works after that. You are 1 of the few people I have came across having this many issues with the P3Droid GB release...

Really? I didnt do it the first time and I am having 0 issues with it. I flashed it right over the top of the GB Pre-Rooted release...

I always wipe as much as I can. I never do it twice though. So I will flash the master stock again and wipe everything a few times and flash the the file again. I will flash the DeoDexed gb pre rooted or do I need to flash the pre rooted first then the DeoDexed. Now when done I will flash the market fix but wipe everything twice and reboot.

OP
simpsonao17

simpsonao17

Reaction score
I wiped twice and it still did it I eventually gave up and went back to stock rooted with darkslide. Now timid to try again

timelord

Reaction score
If your already on .340, you don't have to sbf back to stock. Just wipe data/factory reset then flash rooted gb, then flash deodexed gb. then just flash deodexed right on top of preroot gb. No wipe necessary

Installed perfectly for me.