Deleting previous destinations?

rjw0501

Reaction score
How do I delete previous destinations from Maps?

For example, if I put an address in for navigation...then reach my destination, if I go back to maps, and hit layers, the previous destinations appear.

Can they be deleted?

Thanks
-Bob

Riley42

Reaction score
When you go to layers it's listed as a search with a check next to it right? If you click on the search entry it should disappear and no longer be an option. You can also select clear map. Trying to hide locations from the lady?:icon_ devil:

OP
R

rjw0501

Reaction score
When you go to layers it's listed as a search with a check next to it right? If you click on the search entry it should disappear and no longer be an option. You can also select clear map. Trying to hide locations from the lady?:icon_ devil:
when i go into layers it says 'driving directions to' then the destination address...there's nothing to click anywhere.

last comment is funny! :)

rlb

Reaction score
You have to go to settings>apps>manage apps

hit settings button, choose filter and show all

scroll down and select maps. then press "clear data". You will get a warning that all data will be deleted blah blah

I don't think there are any settings you can adjust in maps, so nothing but the history is deleted. It will clear out nav too

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01

scroll down and select maps. then press "clear data". You will get a warning that all data will be deleted blah blah

I don't think there are any settings you can adjust in maps, so nothing but the history is deleted. It will clear out nav too

Thanks for that info. I have go to ask....HOW did you find that out?? I see many have found out little bits of info and they are very helpful. :)

joker920

Reaction score

I'm sorry, but when I do that I don't see a "Clear Data" button.

paulz

Reaction score

You may have to uninstall map updates to be able to clear data. It's kind of a pain that it works that way, but when you're done you can just reinstall the updates.

joker920

Reaction score

You may have to uninstall map updates to be able to clear data. It's kind of a pain that it works that way, but when you're done you can just reinstall the updates.

That did it. Wow, what a pain in the azz to remove history.

Thanks.

Bob_Stan

Reaction score
Go back to Market Place, search for maps, then you should see Google Maps with an update. Select it as download.