Deleting from phone only on Revolution

drummajor68

Reaction score
New to the LG Revolution. Still learning. Moved from BB Storm a few days ago.
I really miss the BB choice when deleting email of deleting on the phone or phone and server. I don't need my entire inbox on my Droid...just the new messages which I can choose to delete from the phone until I get to the PC to handle and respond.
How can this be done?

Big Cam

Reaction score
Android doesn't do that. I had a BB curve about 2 years ago, although it was a nice feature, I think the real issue here is cleaning up that inbox, creating folders and such.

bplewis24

Reaction score
New to the LG Revolution. Still learning. Moved from BB Storm a few days ago.
I really miss the BB choice when deleting email of deleting on the phone or phone and server. I don't need my entire inbox on my Droid...just the new messages which I can choose to delete from the phone until I get to the PC to handle and respond.
How can this be done?

Hmm, this is tough.

First, which app are you using for email? And is it a Gmail address?

GMail is cloud based, so the emails aren't actually on your phone, they are synced to the phone from the cloud. You could change the sync options in the Gmail app so that not all messages are stored on your phone, but honestly I don't see the benefit in that.

The other option I can think of is for you to simply dismiss the notifications when they come in. Then you're just previewing the notification, it's not showing on your phone anymore and you can respond to the email later.

The last option is to check the email, mark it as unread instead of deleting and the phone won't show any new emails, but when you get to the desktop it will show as unread.

Honestly though, I think you just need to get used to how emails are handled on the platform. It may be different, but I love having access to all of my emails from my phone. There's no need to delete the emails cause there is plenty of storage.

Brandon

pepsi3573

Reaction score
If it's gmail, you can archive it, then when you go online, go to all mail, and address what you need to. Then your inbox box shiwing on the phone, and you haven't deleted things you still need to deal with.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

pepsi3573

Reaction score
Also, if you're using gmail you can"change labels"for the emails and make yourself a filing cabinet for your nail. You can do filters for them too, but I believe that needs to be set up online.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums