Deleting applications when saved to phone

ambrosgm

Reaction score
I've read the thread about the Bionic's problem of deleting applications when they are saved to the SD card and not the phone. This is not what is happening on my phone. I have two medical applications that both deleted themselves randomly: epocrates and medscape. When I attempt to download them again once the download is about to finish a popup occurs that says "invalid file location." Originally this started when I moved medscape to my SD storage but was unable to delete the file even with ASTRO file manager. I was only able to delete the SD medscape file once I renamed it to something random. Yet even after deleting that file I still can't download medscape due to this invalid file location. Epocrates has never been saved to my SD card and is on my phone yet that deleted too recently.

Am I using more and more file space by repeatedly attempting to download these applications? The download bar goes all the way to the right before this invalid file location message appears. Please help!

gsDroid

Reaction score
If you go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > touch the Media tab. Does anything in the Media tab have a check mark? If so, uncheck anything there. Do you find either of the apps under the All tab? You don't delete files to remove an application, you must uninstall the application. If you find either app anywhere, uninstall it. It doesn't matter where you download the app, just make sure you do not install it to the Media area.