Deleted/Read Emails on Gmail don't show up on App

ripklx

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've been putting up with this for a bit and not sure if it's normal or not. When I read/delete emails on the GMail server, they aren't marked as read or deleted on my phone via the GMail app. Is there a way to get this is happen or at least a manual "update" button? It's annoying to have to mark as read/delete emails twice.

I'm using a Droid Razr

Thanks,

Rip

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I know that on my phone if I delete from the PC they remain on my phone until it refreshes or syncs with the mail box. This just may take a few minutes or if you open the app you should be able to hit refresh and they will go away.

OP
R

ripklx

Reaction score
I know that on my phone if I delete from the PC they remain on my phone until it refreshes or syncs with the mail box. This just may take a few minutes or if you open the app you should be able to hit refresh and they will go away.

My problem is that it doesn't even seem to be syncing. I'm using the native/stock email app. When I use other apps, I get real-time syncs. If I mark a message as read or delete a message using K-9 for example, it will reflect on the server. Also, server changes are then reflected on my phone via this app.

When I use the stock mail app, I don't see changes on the server nor do any of my changes on my phone affect the Gmail server. It seems as though the only thing that it's doing is pushing email, not actually syncing.

I have an exchange account set up with the stock email client as well, and this works beautiful. It syncs all changes going both ways. I would switch to K-9 for both, but unfortunately K-9 doesn't support ActiveSync which is what our Exchange server runs with.

Also, when using the official G-Mail app, my mail doesn't sync by itself. Even when I manually click, "Refresh," it will often take a bit of time to register changes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rip

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Try using mail Droid email app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

donheff

Reaction score
Hey All,

I've been putting up with this for a bit and not sure if it's normal or not. When I read/delete emails on the GMail server, they aren't marked as read or deleted on my phone via the GMail app. Is there a way to get this is happen or at least a manual "update" button? It's annoying to have to mark as read/delete emails twice.

I'm using a Droid Razr

Thanks,

Rip
Were you able to resolve this? I am frustrated by the same problem. I get my mail but if I delete it from the PC those changes don't sync to the Razr. They did on my Droid 2 Global, also by Motorola.

donheff

Reaction score
After three calls to Verizon, escalated to Motorola, I finally resolved the matter. The email app has a bug. The initial recommendation was to use the Gmail app and the Yahoo app. Gmail worked. Unfortunately the Yahoo app won't properly load. It downloads, installs (and opens) but the icon is no available in teh apps folder, shortcuts folder, or manage apps setting. The only way to open it is to return to the market where it appears ready to open or uninstall. Repeated unistall/install attempts and even a factory reset on the phone did not resolve the issue. Finally, when I was on with Verizon ready to switch to an iPhone a second level tech mentioned that this was a known issue and recommended that I try K-9 mail. K-9 is working properly and I like the Razr Maxx otherwise so I will stick with it. But the lack of information sharing at Verizon was ridiculous. No one else knew anything about a known issue? By the way, other 4G phones (e.g. HTC) are having similar problems -- some worse.