deleted GV by mistake and now i cant redownload the app from the market. any ideas?

gators99ta

Reaction score
Basically I had a good thing gong with GV but deleted it by mistake. When I go to the market place it shows I still have it installed, yet I can't open or install it. Its like I am caught in limbo. Again gv worked before I deleted it and I can still access my gv account online. Its just like the phone still thinks I have the app. Any ideas?

OP
G

gators99ta

Reaction score
I actually mean I can neither open or uninstall at the market

Gv doesn't show up in my list of apps or the icom

thatguychuck

Reaction score
This is a marketplace bug that happens when you delete an up from the phone settings instead of marketplace. I've had it happen to me before. Factory reset is one option, but not too desirable. If you find an apk file, you can install it manually and it will work. I also read that somebody was able to "catch" the setting, that it shows "install" for just a split second before it changes, and after a few tries they were able to get it to re install. Are you familiar with apk's and astro?

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Here is an apk I got from the market. Being free, it shouldn't matter if it's posted here. Remove the ".zip" from the file and put in on your sd card. Check your settings, allow apps from unknown sources, find in astro, and install. Have a good one.

OP
G

gators99ta

Reaction score
Ok so I clicked on that attachment. Renamed it and deleted the .zip portion of the name. Then allowed apps from unknown sources. The google talk icon appeared in astro. I clicked on the icon file and it gave me the optipn to browse or open in app manager. Opened in app manager and neither uninstall or launch will do anything for me. It will say activity not found or uninstall not sucessful.

I really do not want to rest my phone. Thanks. Not sure what I would do without you guys

roberj13

Reaction score
First how did you delete it? Did you just uninstall it. I think market looks in data/app for the files for market downloaded apps. If it is still showing com.google.android.apps.googlevoice.apk in data/app that might be confusing the market.

OP
G

gators99ta

Reaction score
Perfect. That fixed it. I deleted the app from the settings menu on the phone.