Delete Visual Voicemail

izzysmom

Reaction score
OK - one of the Apps preinstalled on my Ally is the verison Visual Voicemail - which is a premium service that I am NEVER EVER going to subscribe to. I was easily able to delete if from the home screen...but it is of course, still in the launch section...is there a way to delete it?

I went into settings>apps>manage apps> and even figured out that I had to uncheck the current filter to show ALL of the items installed on the phone....but when I choose the Visual VM app from the list no where in all of the info is there an UNINSTALL or delete option.

Am I missing a step...or has the evil Verison Empire locked it in forever? (I'm not interested in rooting my phone...at least not yet .....)

OP
I

izzysmom

Reaction score
69 views and not a single reply...cant mean I'm not the only one who wants to ditch this program....has no one figured out how?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need Root Access to delete system apps

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea we all have apps, least us unrooted ones, that we would like to delete. I am not sure if we will be able to with froyo but I seem to remember reading we will be, but I may be wrong.

OP
I

izzysmom

Reaction score
then for now I guess I will just try and be patient....I just hate having to look at crap that I know I'm NEVER going to use...(I clean out my closets alot too....) Maybe it's a form of OCD....