Delay Lock Screen/Shut Screen Off App?

Reaction score
I am looking for an app that will delay the lock screen for a set amount of time while allowing the screen to go black after a separate set time (not an app that just leaves the screen on blazing away without locking. Say you are picking the phone up often and want the screen to shut off after a minute, but not engage the lock screen for for another 15 minutes.

Can anyone point the way, please?

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
Or mylock beta. It completely disables the screen lock, so when u wake he phone it goes back to home screen without having to swipe to unlock

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Perhaps I should specify that my phone is actually locked, as in pattern-locked (why everyone doesn't do this, I'll never understand. I'm sure a lost or stolen phone will change their approach eventually), so "My Lock" is rather useless since it only disables the swipe lock.

I haven't tried Auto-Lock since it is a paid app, which means I can't try it first to be sure it even works and judging by the reviews..... it doesn't for Droid.

Really, it should be part of the OS that the screen black-out and phone lock are separate and with separate timed adjustable settings. That there isn't an App already that does this, considering it was the same deal with the G1, is just mind-boggling. I had that feature on the Sidekick back in the day since there was a clear understanding there were two very separate functions being performed....saving the battery by not keeping the screen blazing constantly and locking the phone for privacy/protection. How the two got paired as one function is just plain simple-minded stupidity.

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. Perhaps I should specify that my phone is actually locked, as in pattern-locked (why everyone doesn't do this, I'll never understand. I'm sure a lost or stolen phone will change their approach eventually), so "My Lock" is rather useless since it only disables the swipe lock.
I just use WaveSecure. It allows me to remotely lock/wipe/locate the phone if its stolen. So i don't need to fool around with a pattern lock everytime i want to use my phone. I feel secure knowing that i can always shut the phone down remotely if the need arises

jkayner

Reaction score
look uo screen mode widget. it puts an icon on the screen to switch from standard time out mode, to disable lock mode, to always on mode.

PhilD

Reaction score
look uo screen mode widget. it puts an icon on the screen to switch from standard time out mode, to disable lock mode, to always on mode.

screen mode widget is nice, i used to use that on my Droid. the problem with the current market version (1.51) is that it resets the screen timeout on the Droid to 30s everytime you use it (regardless of what you select in the settings). i still have an older version backed up and will probably go back to it someday.

I haven't tried Auto-Lock since it is a paid app, which means I can't try it first to be sure it even works and judging by the reviews..... it doesn't for Droid.

i used Autolock on my Droid and it worked fine. i ended up removing it because i couldn't power down the phone and have the pattern lock enabled upon reboot - but that's just Autolock doing its thing by delaying the lock engagement by whatever time you select. if that behavior is changed at some point, i may go back to it.

my current solution is to use UnlockPattern Toggle by JQ Soft (free in market) to manually disable the pattern lock when i am home and reenable it when i'm at work or on travel. the nice thing about this is that it's a widget and so doesn't run in the background all the time as does Autolock.

OP
B
Reaction score
my current solution is to use UnlockPattern Toggle by JQ Soft (free in market) to manually disable the pattern lock when i am home and reenable it when i'm at work or on travel. the nice thing about this is that it's a widget and so doesn't run in the background all the time as does Autolock.

This sounds good for now, I'll give a try. Thanks! At least I'll have a quick way to toggle it if not have automated settings.

brando56894

Reaction score
I was thinking about something like this too, I found the unlockPattern toggle to be what I wanted but once the pattern lock is disabled it goes back to the slide lock, i'd rather have something that completely disables the slide lock and the pattern lock.

rjax

Reaction score
I was thinking about something like this too, I found the unlockPattern toggle to be what I wanted but once the pattern lock is disabled it goes back to the slide lock, i'd rather have something that completely disables the slide lock and the pattern lock.

myLock now does exactly this, plus there's even a widget to control it. I'm using the myLock_basic_v2.apk that you can download here: Downloads - mylockforandroid - Project Hosting on Google Code

But I think the more recent versions are also able to toggle the pattern lock.