Default Browser choice not being saved

isaacfinnegan

Reaction score
I'm having a weird problem where I am prompted for which browser to use for every link. Even though I set the default action. So the system never remembers the default browser. If I have NO other browsers, then this is not a problem. But... that's not really an option.

Anyone else see this? I've had this problem since using Froyo.

allikanbe

Reaction score
I'm having a weird problem where I am prompted for which browser to use for every link. Even though I set the default action. So the system never remembers the default browser. If I have NO other browsers, then this is not a problem. But... that's not really an option.

Anyone else see this? I've had this problem since using Froyo.

Just to be sure, when it asks you which browser you want to make the default, are you tapping the MAKE DEFAULT icon first and then tapping the browser that you want? If you just tap the browser that you want, then it will ask you the question every time. Tap the question checkmark box and then tap the browser.

him

Reaction score
I do too. just tap default browser every time. I think it may be situation based, like when i open a link in email need a browser for that, when i go to the web in beyond pod, you tube link, redirect. So i think you have to select a browser for each of those actions.

A way to test it is to open a link in one of the situations above and select defautl browser. Then open it again, it shouldnt ask

OP
I

isaacfinnegan

Reaction score
I use the default check box every time. Just clicking a link in the browser page causes the "which window do you want to use?" Dialog to pop up. I have wiped, reflashed, reset defaults and app data/cache to no avail. The only way to prevent this for me (currently on BB .4) is to not have any other browsers installed.

OP
I

isaacfinnegan

Reaction score
bump.

I actually factory reset my phone to see if that would help. But still being constantly asked which app to use when it opens a link. This happens in, search results, facebook, news, any web link brings up the dialog. It appears to be saved for the duration the app is openedm but then next time I use the app, it asks again.

I ALWAYS press the make default checkbox. I have tried resetting defaults reinstalling reseting. Is anyone else seeing this?

OP
I

isaacfinnegan

Reaction score
another update. I can't believe people aren't seeing issues. If I have the browser and any other browser installed, just clicking through sites in the browser keeps bringing up the default browser prompt.

Anyhow. Installed the leaked FRG01 rom and this problem now only happens in the browser. Other apps opening links are not prompting for the browser choice now.