Dec. 31 at 6:59 pm Bug

glennj

Reaction score
So, I've searched here and Google searches yield peculiarly very little on this bug......(perhaps my search skills need ramped up....so if you know of a post on this, I'd appreciate it).

All of a sudden a few weeks ago, Facebook (stock 2.1 v. 1.1.3) decides to show maybe 10-15 newsfeeds, then the last one will show a time stamp of "Dec. 31 at 6:59pm" and there is absolutely no way to get the program to load "Older Posts."

Anybody experiencing this and know how to resolve it?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did a little Google-ing around, and the only reference I found to this was your post. I am thinking it's something weird that happened on Facebook's servers, and nothing specific to the Android client.

I do know that up until a couple of days ago, I was having an issue with the "Older Posts" link at the bottom of the page on the PC where it wouldn't show the older posts, it would just throw an error. So it seems like Facebook's servers tend to act a bit flaky. I would tend to think that your issue may have been related to this.

its.mike

Reaction score
That date is the linux epoch. Its used when a linux sever to set to display a date for something, in this case a data base query. It's not something that you can resolve as.it's on facebook's end.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jev

Reaction score
Not sure about your particular issue, but I have seen that date on my phone in the system folder along with my wife's eris. It's not specific to your phone though. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

OP
glennj

glennj

Reaction score
Interesting...thanks for the responses....I've only found one post by a girl on some FB bug/issue forum and hers was the last post with no response to it yet.

It's frustrating because it's not just a date miscue....it's tied to the entire news feed functionality. I wonder if anyone with the 1.3.1 update have had this issue too....

Mjs182004

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing, Hopefully facebook will get it fixed soon.

tnt419

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem for 3-4 days now.

OP
glennj

glennj

Reaction score
Who wants to bet FB doesn't even know about the issue? I'm not even sure where one would go to report such a thing.....

JePiNaY

Reaction score
I remember going on the Facebook for Android page on FB and someone had written about it asking for it to be fixed. However that was several weeks ago and who's to say that the FB app developers actually saw it. >_<