DEAL: NVIDIA Shield TV Discounted To $170

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nvidia-shield-tv-png.78042

The Christmas season is quickly approaching. If you are looking to get a head start on your gift buying you might want to check out the Nvidia Shield TV. It has just received a discount to $169.99. I have two of these in my house and as far as I am concerned the Nvidia Shield TV is hands down the best streaming device you can buy. It features full fledged Android TV. Of course you can stream content from all of your favorite apps like Netflix and Youtube, but you can also use it as a pretty powerful gaming device. This device also includes full support for 4K streaming! If you have a GeForce enabled gaming PC you will be able to stream your games to your TV with the device.

With this discount you end up saving $30 on your purchase. The device cones with both a controller and game controller. Grab it from the link below.

via Amazon

Attachments

• NVIDIA-SHIELD-TV.png
    NVIDIA-SHIELD-TV.png
    181 KB · Views: 2,686

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
there would have to be a bigger discount for me to be interested in it. I don't do games anymore so it would be an expensive streaming device. I do wonder about the quality of the games though, if it would be similar to gaming consoles.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I still game and have my doubts how well this would work. Tried Steams Solution and frankly it sucked.

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

Gremlin

Reaction score
I played Battlefield 4 through Shield and no problems at all.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Have you tried the gaming from the PC thing?

Its actually pretty good. Since it uses your video card for compression and the gaming hardware in the Shield for decompression, its much faster than something like the Steam Link (I have both BTW). The only game that I found difficult to play was Rocket League. That tiny tiny bit of latency messes with the precision of the game. However, in other games I've played, I've had no such issue.

The device itself is a great device. If mine in the living room dies, I will buy another.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
What about FPS's?

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

I played HalfLife 2, Prey and Doom for sure but I know I played a few others. The worst I saw was a rare pixelation because of compression but that was usually when a gradient was on screen like a sunset or something. Same kind of thing that happens in YouTube videos and what not. IMO, not a deal breaker because I know why its happening and I get to play games on my couch. The one kind of game that I haven't tried that may have issues is maybe a Need for Speed style game where you have to have fast reflexes at times but I can't be sure.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
it's the best for those who doesn't have a smart TV or would like to be able to play all sort of media type on their TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
samsung galaxy note 8 samsung s7

Last edited: