[Deal Alert] Tronsmart Dual USB Car Charger w/Quick Charge 3.0 for your Nexus 6P and 5X for $10.99

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK, well then that settles it. I wasn't aware that only USB C was QC 3.0 (or that QC 3.0 was only USB C).

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
OK, well then that settles it. I wasn't aware that only USB C was QC 3.0 (or that QC 3.0 was only USB C).
Type C USB isn't QC 3.0 per se. Qualcomm puts something in their devices for it to QC. Like Jonny said, Nexus has their own rapid charging not QC compliant.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Type C USB isn't QC 3.0 per se. Qualcomm puts something in their devices for it to QC. Like Jonny said, Nexus has their own rapid charging not QC compliant.
Ahh, thanks for the clarification. I didn't think USB 3.0 was only QC. I was however aware that Qualcomm added circuitry to the USB standards for QC compatibility. As for Nexus, I didn't know their Fast Charging was unique.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
As for why that other charger charged his phone fast (though probably not as fast as the custom charger would), most likely is simply due to being able to put out more current than most earlier chargers.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
As for why that other charger charged his phone fast (though probably not as fast as the custom charger would), most likely is simply due to being able to put out more current than most earlier chargers.

QC won't charge it fast. It has to be 15w for fast charging to kick in. It may charge faster but not a true rapid charge.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk