[Deal Alert] Amazon Has the Verizon Galaxy S4 for $120 New Contract or $150 Renewed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs4-verizon-amazon-deal.png

Here's a deal alert for folks who want to grab the 16GB Samsung Galaxy S4 on Verizon. Amazon has the phone for $119.99 on a new Verizon contract or $149.99 on a renewed Verizon contract. This applies to all three colors of the device: white, black and brown. It also includes free two-day shipping, making this a great deal for the Verizon version of this device.

There is something worth noting about the brown version. Amazon only expects to have it in stock in around 2-4 weeks, so if you wanted that particular color you will have to wait a bit. Here's the link to get you started: Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S4, Brown (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I remember when I was a kid, it took FOREVER for movies to go from the big screen to VHS. Now days, you see movies on Blu-Ray in a matter of 6 months and even less. When smart phones were the new thing, price drops usually happened after the first year. Now, a few months after release. Its pretty amazing how fast you can get the latest and greatest for almost half of what it was on launch day after only a few months.

drksuh

Reaction score
Does this deal apply to those renewing an unlimited data contract and still allow continuation of unlimited data?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
EDIT: hah, turns out I'm not the only one wondering about unlimited... ^^^

As I continue to sit on my hands (waiting for the Verizon One release) something occurs to me -- quick question:

Whichever phone I end up with (er, I mean One vs. S4, or maybe the X, who knows), I plan to keep my unlimited data via the SWITCHEROO, that is, by purchasing the new phone with another line on our plan (which has a feature-phone at the moment) and then switching the new phone OFF the line, returning the feature phone to the same line, and moving the new phone to my line. This has been discussed extensively all over the forum and I think I understand it.

However, what I wonder now is whether I can pull off this feat by purchasing the phone from Amazon (or another third party) RATHER than a Verizon authorized/corporate store? Or does Amazon have a requirement on their contract that the newly purchased phone has to stay on the line? Cuz think about it this way: without such a requirement, what would stop someone from pulling the switcheroo all week long, using new $10 lines and then pulling the phones off and selling them for $600 a few days later? Even with the 2-year contract on each $10 line, you'd still profit ~$300 per switch. Surely the loophole is not that big.

-Matt

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
As far as I understand, phone has to be on the line for 181 days Amazon.com Help
Actually I think you can switch the phone but you will still have to pay for data service.
ARGH. Thanks for spotting that. Makes perfect sense. Guess I should stop checking Amazon and elsewhere and stick with VZW. :( Well at least I still have this to comfort me:

I remember when I was a kid, it took FOREVER for movies to go from the big screen to VHS. Now days, you see movies on Blu-Ray in a matter of 6 months and even less. When smart phones were the new thing, price drops usually happened after the first year. Now, a few months after release. Its pretty amazing how fast you can get the latest and greatest for almost half of what it was on launch day after only a few months.

-Matt

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Does this deal apply to those renewing an unlimited data contract and still allow continuation of unlimited data?

no, that will never happen as unlimited renewals are 100% dead.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
when upgrading through amazon it gives you the option of keeping your unlimited plan.
Will Verizon NOT honor this?

i don't see how they would, as unlimited plans were discontinued long ago.
why would verizon do it for amazon customers and they wont do it for any one else. doesn't make sense, its likely a mistake, oversight, or a straight up con to get your business.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i don't see how they would, as unlimited plans were discontinued long ago.
why would verizon do it for amazon customers and they wont do it for any one else. doesn't make sense, its likely a mistake, oversight, or a straight up con to get your business.

^^^ I totally agree, and thought the same thing myself.

However...stranger things have happened -- I mean, it could be an accidental loophole that nobody closed yet. I vote that ggrouchie give it a try and report back if it works! :happy3:

-Matt

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
^^^ I totally agree, and thought the same thing myself.

However...stranger things have happened -- I mean, it could be an accidental loophole that nobody closed yet. I vote that ggrouchie give it a try and report back if it works! :happy3:

-Matt

others have mentioned this before, but no one has reported back either way. that likely indicates its not supported, otherwise im sure it would be well!! known around the forums.