Dead or not?

jayman350

Reaction score
yeah Team Phoenix is going to be building off of what CVPCS has done. Project GimpSource is also built off of cvpcs source code. Just found it today so I can't really comment much on it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Project Gimpsource 3.1 is sapphire base. His GB rom is pete based. Gimpsource 3.1 runs well. I have used it for a while.

sent from my rooted nook color

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
so is the ROM dead. I have not seen or heard of any activity.

If you've not heard the news, cvpcs has stopped development on this in order to join the CyanogenMod team. The code base is obviously still out there to be built upon, and as others have posted Team Phoenix will use it going forward on their own development.

OP
D

ducky124

Reaction score
my post was about anything from the new developers

mtkregs

Reaction score
my post was about anything from the new developers
If you're a Twitter person, you can follow @phoenixdevs. Sometimes, you'll see a post about their progress. The last I heard was they wouldn't be releasing anything for a while.

If you wanted to stay with what @cvpcs is doing now, you could flash CM.

For me, I don't see changing from Sapphire 2.0.2 for a while. It works well for my needs.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was just PM'ing with Tank on this myself...

Development is slow going at this time, a few personnel issues.

Right now, since Friday I placed Pete's stock GB porrt on my OG, as stock it does have a couple of issues because IMO there are not a bunch of major overhauls to it that one might expect from a ROM (the object was to stay stock...) but it is totally GB, and small issues not withstanding, it tells me how well the OG will FLY when on a GB based, modded ROM like what Sapphire could be. :)

CM7 I'm told is stable right now and works well too, I may try it this coming weekend.

I have my current Sapphire on standby, and I do love it, the temptation to try Gb itself is what led me off this weekend.

Will look at Gimpsource this week as well since someone brought it up.

The ROM is not officially dead, it will just be awhile ... but was it any different when it was just cvpcs? :)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gimpsource 3.1 is one of my favs right now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

swallisa

Reaction score
Gimpsource 3.1 saphire base is definitely stable and solid. So much so davros loaded it on his wifes phone who has the ability to beat him with an aluminum bat while sleeping if it's not.

All kidding aside works great, gimpmod based on frg83g is also a rock check them out.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you guys check any gimp roms out, feel free to post your screenshots in the thread I created over there for such :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk