Dead battery brick

dakoop

Reaction score
I know I have seen others with this problem but I can't seem to find it in search. I tried a new rom on my X last night and it sucked the battery down. I tried to install a different rom ( while hooked to a computer because the battery was low)
Now I am stuck at boot screen. Tried wiping and no luck. I went to do an SBF and the battery is too low. I left it plugged in all night but it didn't charge while on the stuck boot screen.
How do I charge up the battery enough to run the SBF?

Thx

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You need to plug it in to the wall charger for a few hours. If the batt is too low a computer will not charge it.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
I know I have seen others with this problem but I can't seem to find it in search. I tried a new rom on my X last night and it sucked the battery down. I tried to install a different rom ( while hooked to a computer because the battery was low)
Now I am stuck at boot screen. Tried wiping and no luck. I went to do an SBF and the battery is too low. I left it plugged in all night but it didn't charge while on the stuck boot screen.
How do I charge up the battery enough to run the SBF?

Thx
It won't charge in the bootloader... You are gonna have to find another battery in the meantime or find a way to charge yours.

swagmonster

Reaction score
There's a method that. Involves slicing off the usb part of u charger and slitting the wires and connecting one lead to one side if the battery and so on but I would suggest buying a battery charger and use tht to charge the battery and do an sbf

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Having more than one battery is ALWAYS a great idea! For future reference, always have at least 70% battery before doing anything to it. :)

DroidForums Junkie!!

swagmonster

Reaction score
He speaks the truth i have 2 batts....so glad i. Bought a second, there only five bucks at amazon

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
dakoop

dakoop

Reaction score
It looks like hacking up and old usb to charge battery is working. SBFing right now.
Thank you :)